Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4

Lightbulb PS4

[Continued from here.]

PlayStation 4 Shows Strong Momentum in Next-Gen Console Sales Chart

VGChartz's global hardware sales chart puts the PlayStation 4 at 3.4 million units sold, while the Xbox One sales only managed to amount to 2.5 million units. The Nintendo Wii U is at 5 million units, while the handheld console PS Vita sports a solid 7 million units sold.

The champion of this generation of consoles is the Nintendo 3DS though, with a considerable advantage, sitting at a comfortable 41.6 million units sold. Its predecessor was at the forefront of the previous generation, with a whopping 150 million units sold.

The Nintendo Wii U had a lead of close to 3.75 million units sold during its first year of release, and it seems that the both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are hot on its trail, and that is even before their launch in Japan, coming this February.
    5+ million Wii U units sold? That's a lot higher number than I would have guessed.

I'm more surprised by the PS Vita outselling the Wii U in Europe and the home market of Japan in the week up to December 28th. I suppose that could be aided by the new PCH-2000 model in Japan, and bundle pricing on the older PCH-1000 elsewhere, but that really doesn't look good for the Wii U.

Weekend Reading: PlayStation Now and Sony's Big Streaming Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    By far the biggest announcement of the week coming from CES 2014 was Sony's PlayStation Now, the new cloud-based game streaming service.

For those that missed it, PS Now will offer, at first, select PS3 games (both first- and third-party ones) that can be streamed and played on the PS4 and PS3. At a later point in time, the games will be available for streaming on the PS Vita, Bravia TVs, smartphones, and tablets. Sony plans on bringing other games, including PS2 or PS1 titles, to the service once it sees just how popular it is.
    Just a small reminder -- the original release time-frame was somewhere in the bottom half of January.

Sony Blames Poor PS4 Sales in U.S. on Shortages

Sony has offered an official statement about the sales of its PlayStation 4 in the United States in December, blaming the poor performance on the shortages experienced by the next-gen console throughout the country. The NPD Group revealed the sales statistics for gaming hardware earlier today and the Xbox One has surpassed the PS4 in the U.S. last month.

Sony has released a statement after this reveal and emphasized that the poor performance was mostly owed to the shortages experienced by the console.

"According to the latest NPD report, PlayStation 4 remains the cumulative leader for next-gen console sales in the U.S. since its launch on November 15. We sold every PS4 available at retail in the U.S. and were out of stock in December due to overwhelming consumer demand," Sony said, via DualShockers.

"With more than 4.2 million PS4 systems sold worldwide, it’s clear that the PS4′s gaming and entertainment features are resonating with large audiences and we’re doing our best to provide additional inventory in all of the 53 countries where it’s available."

Overall, Sony still leads with 4.2 million PS4s sold, as opposed to Xbox One's 3 million.

Sony Won't Allow PS4 Owners to Turn Off DualShock 4 Lightbar

Sony has confirmed that it won't allow PS4 owners to turn off the DualShock 4 lightbar, as the LEDs on the controller don't use that much battery, according to WorldWide studios boss Shuhei Yoshida.

The DualShock 4 controller has a rechargeable battery that, unfortunately, isn't that capable of powering the device for periods longer than around eight hours. According to some users' tests, the main culprit is the lightbar which is really bright and uses a lot of power, so quite a few PS4 owners have begged Sony to allow them to turn it off.

Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed on Twitter that such a thing won't be possible, as the "LEDs do not use much battery."

The executive ruled out a future firmware update that lowered the ligthbar's visibility, so don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

Administrator
    I've noticed that with the XBone controller too, they both suck up a ton of battery. I'd imagine it's due to more rumble stuff, that's almost always the culprit for poor battery life. I defintely believe Sony when they say that light bar has negligible effect on battery life.

I have gotten used to having to nurse the Wii U Gamepad, I just have the cable to plug it in right by my normal seat. I do have the extra large battery on the way, but that will be more useful during parties than anything else.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Woke up early, though I might play a little AC4 before work. Haha, nope, 2.3 gig update is required, will take about the entire time I have this morning to download. I love next-gen gaming.

Sony shamed for ‘lying’ to PlayStation 4 owners
    Native full HD 1080p gaming was one of the many promises of Sony’s new PlayStation 4 console and in many instances, it will deliver. A recent report revealed that one popular game that was being touted as “a 1080p 60 FPS monster” hasn’t delivered on its promise, however, and gamers are now lashing out as a result.
    Last November ahead of the title’s release, Sony wrote in a blog post that Killzone Shadow fall features a “competitive multiplayer mode” that supports up to 24 players and “runs at native 1080p and 60 fps.” As it turns out, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
    In single player mode, Killzone Shadow Fall runs at a full 1080p. In multiplayer mode, however, the native resolution drops significantly in order to bump the frame rate from 30 fps to near 60 fps.
    :shrug: Can anyone *really* tell?

INTERNET ANGER SHALL NOT BE IGNORED!
    Get that weak shit off my track