Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Reviews for Horizon Zero Dawn look tremendous, and it's a good sign that reviews are already out for it. Wife pre-ordered it for me for Valentine's Day, so now I'm getting all impatient waiting for it to release.
    My buddy that works for SonyIE is really excited to be working on that project. He was on the sinking ship of Konami when it went down and this has been the most active and vital project he's worked on in years. Really happy for him.

Junior Potato
    Looks like it's going to be Guerilla Games' breakout hit, despite the fact that they've been doing big budget games for a long time.

And it also bodes well for Death Stranding, seeing as Guerilla is in a technical partnership with Kojima Productions.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Glad I held out. I need to get another external now.
    Eh, Jillian would probably just yank an external HD off the TV console anyway.

Junior Potato
    A tip about external drives: if you put the console on standby the drive is still running, like, constantly, 24/7.

Best you turn it fully off if you don't want the drive to wear out.

Good to know. I think that's how my last one died.

Administrator
    Played through the hour-long as-a-child tutorial part of Horizon Zero Dawn. Enjoying the storyline so far, and the faces on the characters are almost good enough to cross the uncanny valley. Visually, Skyrim's got nothing on this. Still not too far into the gameplay, just had an introduction on how to track the Watchers so I can sneak through the grass and killing off a Strider.

I also had forgotten that the PS4 controller makes noise, having the focus-in/focus-out noise come from the controller is a really cool effect.

Digging it so far, looking forward to having more time to play later.

Junior Potato
    Woah you got it early! It's out tomorrow here.

I'll not be buying it for a while, too much on my gaming plate for now!

I also had forgotten that the PS4 controller makes noise, having the focus-in/focus-out noise come from the controller is a really cool effect.
    Hah, I'd forgotten about that too!

The last game I remember playing that made decent use of that feature was Shadow of Mordor, which was over 2 years ago.

Visually, Skyrim's got nothing on this.
    Skyrim came out in 2011!

I've read great things about Horizon Zero Dawn, screenies look great.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Skyrim came out in 2011!

I've read great things about Horizon Zero Dawn, screenies look great.
    Heh, well, admittedly I played that mostly on my PC so the graphics had been augmented to a point. Didn't realize it'd been six years though!

And yeah, I was surprised that it unlocked at 9pm on the 27th. That'd be midnight eastern, but I figured it'd just unlock at midnight in whatever time zone you're in. Unfortunately, I'm also old and was getting sleepy by 10, so I just played through the first hour or so.

Super impressed with it so far, and of course now it's making me want a PS4 Pro so I can play in 4K.