Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4

Administrator
    Just managed to bag a couple of Man o' Wars on AC4, had about 20 minutes to play this morning, so thought I'd have fun seeing what kind of trade missions they could do for me. Start up AC4, try to go into the fleet, and am told that I *have* to be online to do that. Thought I was online.

Go to log in, get an error: ce-32883-4. PS4's website just says that's an "Internal Error", and to restart the system. I do. Try to log in, my password no longer works. Have to do the password reset, finally get in 20 minutes later.

There are definitely parts of this new online console world that can get fucked.

PSN was down yesterday... It may have not been back up yet???

Administrator
    Once I did a password reset, it worked again. What I'm thinking is somehow they hosed my account during their maintenance yesterday. Nonetheless, I was talking with a friend of mine and saying that I kinda miss the time where the only thing that might keep you from playing a game you own is whether or not you needed to blow on the cartridge first.

Administrator
    Had to do the password reset again. Just started getting popups while playing games about some system error, plus often times I'd try to start playing a game and it would tell me it was unable to validate the license. A password reset fixed it, but man, PSN seems like it's got some issues. I'm pretty sure it's not a successful password crack as I'm using a 20 character alphanumeric randomly generated password for it...

Glad I got it sorted, as Last of Us Remastered came out this morning. I never got to play Last of Us, so I'm pretty excited as it sounds like it was damned good. 'Course, I forgot to buy it and start the download this morning before work.../firstworldproblems.

I'm thinking about going to GameStop to buy the remastered PS4 Last of Us. They've got some deal this week to trade in a PS3 copy to get half off of the PS4 version.

I started playing the PS3 version a few weeks ago (I got a used GameStop copy as a Christmas gift, but my games backlog is always several months long), but I didn't get very far in before the graphics started skipping and pausing during cutscenes. Other discs are still working perfectly fine, so I'm thinking that the disc is physically damaged/warped.

With that in mind, why not play the better looking version of it?

Administrator
    Doesn't hurt that I guess it has all the DLC and for $10 less than most new releases are.

Administrator
    Holy living Christ, this game reminds me of the first time I played Half-Life 2. Amazing narrative and voice acting. I don't even care about the gameplay, the ride is awesome.

Went to GameStop Thursday night, traded in my PS3 copy of The Last of Us and got the PS4 version. Right after I did that, another couple came in and asked about that deal.

Playing it will have to wait until I finish Wolfenstein, which I'm most of the way through now.

Administrator
    PS4 has succumbed to some issue that appears to be showing up in a number of launch day machines. I was playing Watch Dogs the other morning when it suddenly spit out the DVD that was in there. Then it beeped. Then it beeped A LOT and the motor that pulls discs in and pushes them out kept firing up and stopping. Looked online and found a few "fixes", and shockingly one of them appears to work, but only for a limited time. Three times now it's fixed it only to have it start happening again. One time it started 10 minutes after the fix, another time it was about a week.

So, they're sending its cardboard coffin and off it goes to Sony. On the plus side, a) it's still under warranty and b) I've had so much practice with this process with my 360 that this is old hat now.

Just hope I don't lose my savegames...

If I were Sony, I would make sure you lost your saves to punish you for not paying for PS Plus. That'll learn ya.

I finally popped in The Last of Us last night. I don't know if the graphics are a huge leap up from the PS3 version (which was admittedly one of the best looking PS3 games ever), the subtle improvements do add to the immersion.