Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: What are we drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Allagash Ale aged in oak barrels. Disappointing considering the hefty price. Sweet, yet with a bitter citrus taste. Difficult to describe, but not to my taste. Took a gamble and lost.
    I've got to say, I'm just not a huge fan of their stuff. But sorry about the lost gamble!
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...and_HBC_394_cv

It's currently fashionable to create hop-bombs using those. Hopefully the fad will go away in a few years.

My learnings from the last week

Daiso have some not bad glasses for gin and tonic. Glass quality is a bit shit and they are a bit industrial but at $1:20 they’re pretty much perfect when you’re in a serviced apartment for 6 weeks

Gin and tonic in the afternoon on a hot and humid day after work is proof god exists

Gen Yamamoto in Tokyo is something every enthusiastic drinker should try at least once
    https://talesofthecocktail.com/desti...s-gen-yamamoto

My new favourite cocktail bar in Tokyo is Cocktail Gastronomy in Nishi Azabu, doing some amazing things for very reasonable prices

Glenmorangie Sherry Cask, a sample anyways. I am not a Scotch drinker in the least(not a fan of the "bite"). I was buying some Tullemore Dew and Yuengling and noticed they had bottles on the counter for samples. First thing I told the man was "I am not a Scotch drinker" and he recommended the Sherry Cask. About as smooth as smooth can be. Then again my exposure to Scotch has only been Chivas Regal and Cutty Sark.

I picked up Travelers Aloha beer for the first time and was disappointed. I enjoy the Grapefruit and Jacko, so I thought the pineapple would be right up my alley. It lacks any real flavor of pineapple and is too light.

Couple of Munich beers, a lager and a dunkel. Pretty good. It seems Germans know how to brew a good beer.

Blue Moon Mango for the win. 20180707_205508.jpg