We went to Beertown on Monday, and my wife had a half pint Mill St. Cobblestone Stout. First she taste-tested Waterloo Dark Lager versus Cobblestone to see which seemed like the cleanest dark beer. She thought the Cobblestone was better, claiming it had a bitter aftertaste which overcame the thick sweetness, whereas Guinness does not. (Though she did not actually directly compare with Guinness that day, and I'd guess it's been years since she had a Guinness and right now she's borrowing her friend's disparagements a bit too enthusiastically, methinks).

I started with a Beau's Lug Tread since I remembered, correctly it turned out, that it was a very well-crafted beer. And it was served in its signature glass with tractor livery, with the extra little tractor etched down the bottom visible when you finished.

After that I explored a couple more darks starting with a 500ml bottle of Grand River Mill Race Mild, which briefly turned the conversation towards Cornish pasties. And we finished up sharing a can of Fuller's London Porter, which I found to be very chocolately tasting. My wife not so much, since she'd just recently finished an actual brownie with chocolate ice cream.

And then we walked home, stopping initially at a Yogurt place, where I had Froyo for the first time since getting an Android phone. Then there was a more unexpected dive into Tim Horton's to use the facilities and purchase some courtesy items; an apple fritter by itself for me--and small decaf and strudel special I think it was for my wife.