Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we drinking?

Spotted the following Ontario craft gin at the liquor store http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/top-shelf-gin/464719
    And the cashier gave it a recommendation.

It's very smooth. So smooth, I'm sure Cam will enjoy drinking it to toast G'Day's finishing of the RAAM.

3 Floyds Zombie Dust. It paired very well with venison chops.

Administrator
    Jester King's "Black Metal Stout" is back! The last time I saw that was in Stockholm, and that was after a year or so of no longer finding it in the states.

Of note, it's also one of the only beers that I've successfully brewed myself.

Homeishu. Kind of like a really obscure japanese Dom Benedictine but with more awesome.

Allagash Ale aged in oak barrels. Disappointing considering the hefty price. Sweet, yet with a bitter citrus taste. Difficult to describe, but not to my taste. Took a gamble and lost.

Administrator
    There are a lot of places doing the barrel age thing, I never thought it took well to Belgian style beers. Honestly, I don't feel like it takes well to anything other than big, big stouts, and often then it's overkill.

When done right though, like with Ritual Brewing's Barrel Aged Big Deluxe, it can be goddamn delicious.

Innis & Gunn gets it right, as does Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

Administrator
    I've never seen either of those out here. I'll ask my local shop if he can get them.

For the Gin crowd I finally bought some Spiegelau gin and tonic glasses over the weekend and bugger me they really do make a difference. I'd say they wouldn't be worth it if you're drinking cheaper, industrial gins but if you're drinking anything where they've made a real effort with the botanicals it raises the drink to a whole new level. I heartily recommend.

While in Canada, I took the opportunity to get some Sortilege. I polished off one bottle already.