Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we drinking?

Administrator
    I should pay more attention
    Last edited by Tom Servo; November 17th, 2020 at 09:53 AM.

I decided to try Foster's again for the first time in years. The last time I tried it, I did not dislike it, but it was not memorable either. I bought a can of lager and a can of ale. Again, the lager is nothing special; pretty normal-tasting macrobrew. I was somewhat surprised to see it is brewed in the USA. I kind of like the ale, however. It is darker with a bit more flavour. I bought some other local brews also. A new liquor store opened nearby and they have a good selection of SC microbrews.

An annoying trend right now is adding crazy shit to beer, like fruit and spices. I want my beer to taste like beer. Although, one of my favourites right now is a coffee lager from a microbrew right here in town, so I can't be too judgmental.
    Last edited by Cam; December 15th, 2020 at 11:03 AM.

Administrator
    On one hand, I'm totally with you on that. Ever since Constellation bought out a San Diego brewery called Ballast Point, every one of their top sellers has to have this massive number of flavored ones. They had a pretty good IPA that now has at least Grapefruit, Habanero, and Pineapple varieties, there are likely more. I think that kinda lead into this thing where now every major brewery also has to have a hard seltzer, we're basically back to the Zima days here.

Then I thought about how much I like stouts brewed with things like cacao nibs and coffee and realized I should probably just shut my hole.

Back in 2008, I visited Vienna. I tried Ottakringer Pils, brewed in Vienna, which I liked. I never saw it in North America until today. My local beer store had a few cans of pilsner. I have not tried it yet, but I hope I enjoy it again.

Cincinnati has a big local craft brewery market, and I'm always amazed by the number of choices they have that they have made themselves.

The place I used to host trivia: Rhinegeist

The place I host trivia now: Third Eye Brewing
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I regret having watched The Queen's Gambit. It's lead me down the path of addiction to Gibsons.
    acket.

I was mistaken. I tried Ottakringer Helles, but I bought lager. It is certainly different than what I would expect from a lager; darker, malty and nutty. I think it is closer to a marzen than the lager I am accustomed to. I like it though.

Lori bought a new blender, so she's been making margaritas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I was in Gatlinburg, Tennessee last week. I felt that I could not go to TN without trying some whiskey. There was a local distillery, Old Smokey, near where I was staying. They make all kinds of flavoured whiskeys and I decided to try the Salty Caramel variety. It's sweet and smooth. I do not normally enjoy whiskey, so I was pleasantly surprised.
    A month or so ago, I picked up another bottle of this at the local liquor store, as we had not had it in a while. Lori decided she really liked it and we've picked up another bottle or two since. It makes a great digestif, or just sipping over ice.

The last time Lori was at the store, she also picked up a bottle their peanut butter whiskey just to try it. It is certainly not as good as the caramel. I wondered how I could make it a little more interesting. I had some unsweetened chocolate almond milk in the fridge, so I mixed it together to make a bizarre choco-PB shot. It's not bad, actually.