Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we drinking?

This local Block 3 offering ("Project Orange") was on tap at the usual place I go...
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/34730/163250/

Ick. Poo. Yuck. The keg was nice that night--a lighter bodied ale for a change. Can't recall what it was, though. And I had a Rogue 7 Hops, which is a bit of a standby. http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/132/111176/

But I continued to be curious about the Project Orange. I should not have been. I had great trouble getting it down, and needed a glass of water to wash the taste away afterwards.

Mike was finishing up with a middle shelf Scotch, so I tried for something from Glenmorangie, but they didn't have any. So I believe Bill sold me a Dunhill.

Found out my neighbor works at Boulevard Brewery. Told him I loved Tank 7.

Couple hours later I walk out to get something from the car, and notice a case of Tank 7, and a 4-pack of The Calling. I coach tonight, so I need to wait before I can partake. I am super excited.

Yuengling Traditional Lager. In Los Angeles. This should not be possible, yet it is.

Here you can find the current Cask and Keg listings for the place I usually go... http://askcask.com/venues/kickoff

Oooh!! They've broken out the Sam Roberts Band Session Ale.
    Last edited by SportWagon; April 10th, 2015 at 07:19 AM.

So I went there tonight, I did. And I took me farver's glass-bottom pewter mug, I did. Inscribed to SJT. PEPPER, it is.

And I had me a Sam Roberts Band Session Ale in it, I did. Something from Fuller's would've been more suited, but I thought the Sam Roberts might run out. Besides the Fullers was Black Cab Stout. And Bill warned me it had just been changed, and so it was warm.

So I had a Black Cab for the second pint in the pewter mug, I did.

Back to my office to see if my wife asked to buy my own supper (which necessitates going and go back to the bar again; they're tolerant of brought-in food), but that was not the case, so I'm going home for supper, I am. Preparing for cycling season, is the story, it is.

Drinking from a pewter mug is strange, it is, because you can't see the colour of the beer. Well, the glass bottom helps, it does.

Two shots of Margaritaville tequila and a 25 oz. can of Oculto(billed as "beer brewed with tequila barrel staves").

Mostly abstaining until I figure out why I have no cycling legs this year. And hopefully improve that situation and get some legs back.

But last night I couldn't resist a middle-of-the-night Church-Key Holy Smoke.

Jameson and ginger ale.

Better then I thought it would be.

Found a recipe for a "High Voltage" in a cocktails book. It's quite refreshing on a hot day like today. Whiskey, triple sec and lime juice, topped up with club soda.

Got a bottle of Skyy vodka, which I 'thought' was a premium brand. How wrong I was. It's nasty! Tastes like nail polish remover, even when mixed with Sprite or 7up. Just horrible.

I'd been drinking Absolut for a while and was perfectly content, but during my last trip to the liquor store decided to get creative and try something new. What a mistake. Will never buy this garbage again. Ever.

I'm about ready to just cut my loss and dump this shit down the drain. Worst vodka I've ever drank. Worse than Aristocrat.
    Last edited by sandydandy; June 20th, 2015 at 09:11 PM.