Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we drinking?

Saison = full of crap which isn't beer.

I had an "Elora Borealis", a local craft-brew citra-hopped pale ale, which seemed to have the recipe down nice and subtly.

At the same party I sampled the "Tullamore Dew" Irish WhiskEy I gave the hostess for her 1000000th birthday, and it certainly is very smooth but tasty.

Familia Camarena Reposado Tequila. I got it from one of the salesmen at work. He got it from his inlaws when they "downsized" and let him have their bar. Really fucking smooth. Also included in the hall was a bottle of Crown Royal(contents were enough for one shot) and a few bottles of champagne and mixes. Gave the big bottles of champy and mixes to a neighbor.

Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. Nice.

Battle of the stouts!

Conquest Medusa Stout: Poured very foamy, despite pouring down the side of the glass. It was sweet, but otherwise nothing special. Quite bland. Avoid.
    Carolina Bauernhaus Nacht Imperial Stout: Not as strong a flavour as I expected, but still a bit more complex than the Conquest. Not necessarily worth the price.
    Abita Bourbon Street Imperial Stout: Much more flavourful than the other two. Sweet aroma and caramel on the tongue. Nice.

Edit, one more:
    Freehouse Brewery Hoodoo Organic Imperial Stout: Sweet aroma, slightly bitter flavour and a sweet finish. Not bad.
    Last edited by Cam; October 15th, 2017 at 08:29 AM.

Of all the liqueurs to have ever existed, http://www.sortilegewhisky.com/ is the best. Ever.

Store was out of normal (London Dry) Tanqueray in the normal size, so I decided to try the Rangpur (Lime) variety.

Don't like it. It tastes like vodka mixed with dirty limes (completely overpowering the normal Tanqueray flavours which are supposedly there) and seems to irritate rather than soothe a mildly sore throat. (Some Beefeater demonstrated to me that such a non-lime(y?) gin would actually soothe a post-cold sore throat; even though Beefeater apparently has some lemon and orange peel in it).

Can't stand gin. The wife likes gin and tonics, but it's too bitter for me. The only time I drink gin is if it is in a Long Island Ice Tea.

All gins are not created equal.

Yeah, some taste like grass and some taste like hay.

Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen: The only word on the label I recognized was "smokebeer" and I think they only put it on there to warn the foreigners. The aroma smelled like tanned leather, but the taste is definitely smokey. It's a dark red colour with a hearty flavour. I kind of like it.

Edit: I went back in time and found this:

Quote Originally Posted by pl8ster View Post
    Oh, wow, had a bottle of this tonight and it was AWESOME.

Attachment 1309
    http://www.schlenkerla.de/rauchbier/...stenbiere.html
    That's the one!
    Last edited by Cam; November 4th, 2017 at 04:59 PM.