Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we drinking?

Leffe Brun is a nice beer. Tonight had two beers... LOL.. lightweight I know. Samichlaus Classic Bier... what a beer. It is sweet, but the taste.. It is a must try if you haven't before. Not incredibly expensive, $5 for a bottle. Very rich, deep flavour. Not at all bitter. 14% so it packs a bit of a punch.

Also had Omme Gang - Game of Thrones - Take Back the Black Stout... ya.. I bought it due to nerdome and liking the show... but damned if it isn't a fine smooth stout. 750ml @ 7%... also recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Hell yes. I loved the Canadian beers that I tried when I was in Hamilton a few years back. I remember trying Schlitz Gold, 666, 10W30 and Alexander Keith's IPA. We've had Keith's here locally for a few years now, except for the IPA, which is the best of the Keith's I've tried.
    10w30! That's a local favourite, it's not bad at all. Keith's IPA is generally the only Keith's we have. Hard to find the other stuff, in fact.

If you want the other stuff, then come to the US and you'll find it everywhere, just don't expect to find the IPA.

I've had Keith's Red, once. Didn't like it.

Tried a Sam Adams Cold Snap. Tasted like a slightly better Blue Moon.

Wanna Fight?
    That's not setting the bar particularly high.

It really isn't, the regular Sam Adams Winter Lager is definitely better.

Yeah, Cold snap is OK.

I prefer Boston and Winter much more. But I would gladly take it over just about any other regular offering.

Wanna Fight?
    Cocktails. They were 2-4-1 at a local Caribbean place that I've dragged Steve to a couple of times (and Matt and Keith O, come to think of it...).

Normally £6.75 each, during happy hour midday-7pm and then 10pm-1am they are effectively half price.

Didn't stop me killing 7 in the first 50 minutes (we got there at 5pm) and running up a tab of £170 for the evening (just me and T drinking). There were 6 or 7 off-menu signature cocktails I demanded the staff to make me that probably cost £7-10 each. I also discovered that Subway is open at 2am and was still drunk at 10am the next morning. Oh yeah, basically on an empty stomach too.

Victory?

Victory.
    Last edited by Rob; March 17th, 2014 at 04:14 AM.

Cocktails? You're going to undo all the good work you did with that Kettlebell, bro.