Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What are we drinking?

Had some Cajun Beer Bread that was made with Round Barn Brewery's Oak Wood Aged IPA. You can taste a bit of the IPA in it. For the most part it reminds me of dressing.

Sometime prior to Christmas I bought a Promotional 4-pack of Wychwood.

The most interesting was perhaps the Scarecrow. Hobgoblin has become a standard for me. And the Imperial Red was sort of a shadow of the same thing. The Dr. Thirsty's bordered on terrible. In a sophisticated sort of way.

At the bar I've had mostly offerings from Brewdog or the local Block 3.

Block 3 has one they call "Through the Quad", which is Belgian style. 10%. Sort of reminiscent of an English barley-wine, but cloudy with yeast.
    And their James Brown Ale seemed nice.

Oh yes one day I was lucky enough to catch some of what they labelled on the board as Sam Adams Band Ale, but I'm having difficulty finding citations for. I think I like session ales. Bill told me that keg emptied very quickly.

I think the "Band Ale" must have been this...
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25263/144216/
    i.e. Sam Roberts Band Session Ale. It was definitely a session ale style. Either I misrembered the scribbling on the chalk-board list, or they made either a mistake or a joke when writing it.

Because both Samuel Adams, and Sam Adams Band are things. But actually, Sam Roberts Band seems to be even more of a thing (in Canada anyway). Hmm. Sam Adams Band seems to be one of those entities who figure your web presence should be rooted in facebook, not wikipedia.
    Last edited by SportWagon; February 12th, 2015 at 09:33 AM.

I am drinking beer. But I am doing it ON A TRAIN!

Went to liquor store.
    Purchased...

Should last a few weeks. Actually, I think the Organic Ruby is labelled as from Waitrose. Perhaps some acquisition happened recently. Or beeradvocate is wrong. Hmm. Looks like Waitrose is a marketer for Wychwood, or something.
    Or a chain of supermarkets? (wikipedia).
    http://www.waitrose.com/home/inspira...rink/beer.html

Here's a four-pack I really enjoyed a while ago...

Oh, I would have bought

(in a more plain bottle than currently shown at that site)
    but they wouldn't split 4 pack, and I don't really drink that much at home, and I like to have variety. Lug Tread is nice every now-and-then, but not repetitively.

Edit: so, last night, a Hobgoblin helped me make room in my fridge for a Dead Guy.
    Last edited by SportWagon; March 5th, 2015 at 12:28 PM.

SLM worthy and double-post worthy...
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2099/7428/

Not quite a normal Scotch Ale, but strangely yummy.

Nothing super special for me. i have Guiness and some Jim Beam and Pepsi.

probably a terrible idea since i have to work tomorrow. we shall see though.

Had a drink last week, first time in 3 1/2 years! Nothing too adventurous though! Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime.

Another pleasant surprise.
    Butler's Bitter from Niagara College Teaching Brewery

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25051/82691/ said it was discontinued, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It is supposed to be authentic 1812 style. I was expecting something dark orange in colour, and, well bitter, perhaps one of those cidery British styles I don't quite like.

But it was very dark, and not really bitter. Just a pleasant subtle extra taste from light hoppng.

It seems much like a Session Ale, and I suppose that might make sense for an 1812 heritage. Though the 1812 stuff is probably mostly hype from the College marketing school, or something. Well, it was first brewed in 2012, the 200th anniversary.

I have some Gatorade G2 Strawberry Lemonade at home. New flavor for me, I like it.
    Get that weak shit off my track