Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: KillerB's Fleet Thread

Makes sense. A Turbo II swap would be legal, but it requires swapping the entire drivetrain. Maybe an RX-8 motor and driveline instead?

Buddy of mine had a vert FC in highschool. I have always been a fan of em.

I feel so left out, there's no 28 page thread here.

I still haven't replaced the tires on the Mazda yet. I ended up only putting 3,000 miles on it last year. That's what happens when you live less than 7 miles from work and have two different cars to commute in. I'll do it this spring, though, as it's time to finally use that 4WD and go up Santiago Peak. I do occasionally find some dirt and engage the 4WD to keep the oil flowing where it should.

I need to get the driver's seat recovered, and the stereo cuts out more and more frequently, but meh. I'm reluctant to waste a NOS seat covering while I still have to park it outdoors, and mechless head units get better all the time, so there's no reason not to wait until the stereo stops working entirely. The CD mechanism in mine stopped working, but who the hell listens to CDs anymore anyway?

Last time I had it in for an oil change (basically a full year ago now), I found out that there's a slow leak in the power steering hose. I'll have them replace it when it goes in for an oil change later this month.

The Challenger... um... I replaced a rear turn signal bulb that burned out. I walked to the auto parts store on my block and the bulb literally cost less than a dollar.

Most recent updates:

Challenger:
    - Did 48,000 mile service. No issues to report.

B2600i:
    - New tires - went with the old reliable Goodyear Wrangler. Got them installed for about $80 a tire. Much quieter and better riding, and they did just fine going up Santiago Peak.
    - After the trip up Santiago Peak, I got it detailed. The paint is starting to wear through in several spots. Once I've got covered parking for it, I'm going to look at getting it repainted.
    - The ECU is crapping out. The ECUs in these were made by Mitsubishi, along with the ECUs for several other Japanese makes in the late 80s and early 90s. They used capacitors that leak and destroy the whole works. I sent mine to AVPROECU, who will repair it for $190. Hopefully it's not too far gone - they should get it on Tuesday.
    Last edited by KillerB; September 4th, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

Did you price a reman ECM from an auto parts store?

(Rockauto seems to have them for $200)

The consensus is that those will need to be sent to AVPRO after a year or two anyway. Plus AVPRO offers a lifetime warranty on any ECU they rebuild.

Well, you can't beat that!

Wait, you paid 80 to mount each tire?

I read that as $80/tire, installed.
    Whoomah!

Same.