Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KillerB's Fleet Thread

Yes, a missing comma made it unclear. I meant $80 per tire, including installation.

The repaired ECU came today, but I got home after dark. Installation to come tomorrow.

That's a steal then!

The ECU is in - the verdict? The misfire, hesitation, bogging and check engine light are all gone, but the unstable idle remains.

Care to fill me in on the unstable idle condition?

Sometimes rising and falling over the course of a second or two, sometimes just plain idling too low.

Is the idle valve a "newer" stepper type valve, or is one of the older GM/Ford open/closed solenoid-style valves? I don't know much about older Asian fuel injection systems....

Point being, if it's a sometimes low idle and the valve is a stepper type then it could be the valve. However, if it's a solenoid type valve, it's probably a fuel/spark/air issue and almost can't be the valve.
    Last edited by thesameguy; September 13th, 2015 at 03:04 PM.

Holy wackadoo valve!

WTF?

Chrysler's poor reliability strikes again... I've had to replace a second rear turn signal bulb around the 60,500 mile mark.

(Seriously, though, the car has been essentially perfect over 60,000 miles. Worst things to go wrong have been a torn underhood seal - replaced for free by Chrysler despite it not being technically under warranty - and a plastic third brake light housing that deformed a bit and allowed a bee to crawl inside and die, but then deformed enough back the other way that I can't get it out. ...and two turn signal bulbs burned out. 60,000 mile service isn't going to be cheap, though - 16 spark plugs and a bunch of other nonsense that even at my very good independent mechanic is going to run close to $1,000. Then, in another 5,000 miles or so, it'll be time for its third set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars.)

In further Chrysler news, my wife's 1999 Durango (which she's owned since new) is now over 230,000 miles on the original engine and transmission. Not too shabby!

The Mazda's driver's seat needs completely redone - the seat cover is cracked badly enough that I need to order an NOS replacement, and the foam is disintegrating. I'm budgeting several hundred dollars to do it, but I keep putting it off because I don't currently have covered parking for it. At least the dash isn't cracked! Everything else on it is working just fine. Still needs paint, still isn't getting it for the same reason it hasn't gotten a new driver's seat.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Why stay on Goodyears?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    a plastic third brake light housing that deformed a bit and allowed a bee to crawl inside and die, but then deformed enough back the other way that I can't get it out..
    Your handle is KillerB. Your car kills bees.

*chuckle*