Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else celebrating their 15th anniversary at this place in 2014?

Game-Hunter here. I guess that's 1998? I can vaguely remember going to an early GT party at meganuke's, and Kenji brought an advanced copy of GT2.

BuddaBobb and Hybrids - wow.

Gamesharks (I actually bought one).

How about "spook", the guy who wrote in all lower case, and perhaps didn't use punctuation either, getting pissed off and deleting every one of his 10,000+ posts?

Nov '99, it said on the original forum.

We'd been Nintendo (64) loyalists, but during that summer I'd played Gran Turismo at my nephew's Playstation, and was hooked. Sometime in the autumn (september or october) I got a Playstation, Gran Turismo and Driver.
    My wife was initially miffed, but ended up a huge fan of the Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games.

I think I joined at the beginning of 2001 after lurking for a while on BadBob's recommendation. I'd been hearing about it and you guys from him and contributing tech info to his posts for awhile.
    Wow, thinking about it- my life has changed a lot since then.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I remember lurking gamehunter in all of it's green and black 90s glory, but I don't think I registered and started posting at any of these boards until October or November of 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Gamesharks (I actually bought one).
    I had a Gameshark as well. Had some fun times with it. Also remember going to the library after work(no net access at home) to look for new codes for games that I had.
    How about "spook", the guy who wrote in all lower case, and perhaps didn't use punctuation either, getting pissed off and deleting every one of his 10,000+ posts?
    spook is still very much alive and well on Facebook.

I've been active on the boards since April '00.

Also, I'm pretty sure that G'day meant '99 and not '09.

i dont remember when i joined but i remember the major events mentioned here except for gamehunter.

I joined on Kenji's sometime in 98/99. Getting too old to remember that far back. Many of you were still in HS or college.

I think I got there in '99 or '00. At the end of GT1 before 2 game out. Tami followed right after that.
    Not real active here but still check in and read the forums every chance I get.

Jegato, quite a few of us were in our late 20's/early 30's. Wagsboy(RIP) was in his early 50s.