Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: GAS talk

Speaking of Fuji, I finally pulled the trigger on the X-Pro2. Also picked up the 23mm f/2 WR. Originally the idea was to just use it when weather was iffy, but it turns out the lens is damned fast, and has good optical characteristics. I might end up getting rid of my 23mm f/1.4, though I'd be without an astro lens at that point. Completely silent and instant auto focus on a Fuji mirrorless, never thought I'd see the day

Well, I decided to take stock of all the camera gear I bought since I got really serious about it sometime around April... The total cost of lenses and camera bodies has been just shy of twelve thousand dollars.

Oh boy... On the bright side, all of it was used, and if I sold it all it would probably be worth more than that. I am going to sell off my 6D and my 150-600 lens, because it's just kind of a ridiculous focal length that I don't use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    I am going to sell off my 6D and my 150-600 lens, because it's just kind of a ridiculous focal length that I don't use.
    At least take it to one Detroit Grand Prix for your old buddy Keith
    Get that weak shit off my track

The thing is that I now also have the Canon 70-200 2.8 with the latest 2X teleconverter, which gets me to 400mm. And both of those pieces are regarded as very sharp optics. The Tamron 150-600 that I have is generally known to be a little soft all the way out at 600mm. So honestly, I could probably get just about the same quality of photos by using the Canon lens and teleconverter at 400 and cropping out what I don't want as I could with the Tamron at 600.

(Yes, I've tried the teleconverter on the Tamron to give me a 1200mm monster, it doesn't fit. )

In that case, I expect a gallery overflowing with artistic interpretations of a race weekend.

I just sold a camera that I bought about a year ago and put around 15,000 shutter clicks on for about $50 more than I bought it for.

dealwithit.jpeg

THE NIFTIEST FIFTY!

Why am I conversing with craigslist sellers about the logistics of moving and transporting the 44 inch, 200lb wide format printer they have for sale?

Because you're slowly working towards opening a small gallery with your prints, and an area for others to put theirs as well.

Well, I realized that large format printers are really not a good idea for anyone who isn't operating a pretty steady printing business, and they often require service visits if something on them breaks. So, I decided this was not a good idea.

But, you can rest assured that the printing device I did decide to go with is just as excessive, overkill, and extravagant as everything else I buy.