Acquired:

Fujifim X-E2
    XF 23mm f1.4
    XF 14mm f2.8
    XF 56mm f1.2 (preordered)
    Polaroid Land Camera Automatic 100
    Fujifilm FP-100c instant film
    Fujifilm FP-3000b instant film

I'm gonna make some art... or just sit around and look at my toys.

Heh. Love the thread title. I'm now in a position to go for a full-frame. Obvious choices are 6D/5D3 but I'm still thinking whether the D800 is worth the effort of a switch.

Did I talk about getting the most highly-recommended crop-body lens -- the Tamron 17-50 2.8 -- for 21,000 yen? Only ~$215, or 60% off usual retail price? From Amazon? And a free trial of Prime (Japan) which meant I ordered it Saturday afternoon and got it on Sunday?

God, after using mostly primes for two years, having a 17-50 that's always 2.8 is a fucking cheat code

You don't miss 1.8?

The Thrifty Fifty has sat on my shelf ever since I got the pancake. Mostly because it's just a little too tight on crop, and huuuuuuuunts on bad lighting.

I might break it out again sometime but 2.8 is good enough for me, especially compared to my other cheaper lenses.

Jason - I went to play with a 6D last night in a local shop, and they had the X-E2s in stock. Talk to me about how you're finding it. They look and feel fantastic.

Not much to say other than it's more of what I like from Fuji. The first generation was a bit slow in focusing, the X-E2 basically improves on that, along with other features like wifi and stuff. The thing I like most about the series is the handling, and high quality, relatively light, lenses. Its just something that's light enough, but good enough quality, that I like having with me all the time. Instead of resenting size/weight of a DSLR, or the image quality of something smaller.

It obviousl has it's draw backs. It's still not DSLR fast in most cases. It's not as weather resistant. Even though Fuji has done a good job building the lens lineup, its not nearly as developed as Canon or Nikon SLR lenses.

But, if you tested it out, and you liked it, then there's no reason to not jump in, imo. The only real use issue is that it's more challenging to track moving subjects when focusing.

image.jpg

Dammit, uploading from iPad doesn't result in the correct rotation of the image O.o

But anyways, took this yesterday with the X-E2 and 14mm. Edited in camera and with iPad.

Well, went back and yeah; I think I'm going to get one. There's a £100 cash back deal on the 35mm at the moment so might get the body and 35 (unless the 23 is really that much better than the 35..) and take it from there.

ISO6400 performance is noticeably better than my 7D - can't quite work out how.

:ETA: infact, just researching, the trade-in values I've been given for some lenses are way low, so will start selling stuff privately and pick up the camera in a few weeks.
    Last edited by M4FFU; January 12th, 2014 at 04:15 AM.