Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: GAS talk

For the AD600 Pro I was able to find a reviewer that used it outdoors for 300 shots and it was still showing 3 of 4 battery lights, though he doesn't detail the flash power when saying that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21hL_98PtwA

I assume there's someone that has done similar on YouTube or DPReview for the Celestial.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; May 1st, 2024 at 02:04 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I ended up ordering two of the AD600 Pro kits, figuring that one would be good for people and two would be good for vehicles, and also that they'll be useful when I'm doing groups in the large basement studio. It's definitely overkill, but so is the Vette.

I had to make the purchase yesterday before the sale ended, but my experience today with my speedlight justified an upgrade (even if not necessarily one as big as the one I'm making). Out on location in ~80 degree weather, it was really starting to struggle. The cycle time kept getting slower and slower, to the point that even at 1/4 power I was waiting several seconds between shots. I let it cool off for a few minutes and it got better, but then got back into the same pattern again pretty quickly. There were multiple times near the end where I was sure it must have beeped that it was ready and took another shot, but no, it was still powering up. That shouldn't be a problem going forward!

I've done a few shoots with all the new stuff, and I love it. The octabox looks great on people, with the two diffusion panels or getting a harsher look without them. Also, my plan of using one light for the model and the other for the side of the car worked great. I'm so glad that I took the leap and looking forward to doing a bunch of fun stuff with them. The fact that I can show up in the Vette with the kit I need to get professional looking results in so many situations is really fucking baller

And I completely drained the battery at the end of the third shoot. I'd estimate 400-500 shots of varying power, maybe half with high speed sync on, and around 30 minutes of modeling lamp usage in the basement studio.

HSS kills the battery

I do have an ND filter in case I want to go that route next time. Someone has already asked to do a shoot with the same look.

Someone on DPReview posted a PDF comparing the Celestial to the AD600Pro: https://nextcloud-fi.webo.hosting/s/teXw4xFPrfYYBGP

I don't see your specific question, but it does say 200 full power shots for the Celestial (360 for the AD600Pro). 1000 at 60%-80% seems unlikely, but with a couple of spare batteries maybe you could make it work.

Yeah I saw that. The beauty of the celestial is you can charge while shooting.