Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: GT6 Photos

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    No worries. It's normally only Kiwis racing, at least all the times i've been entering anyway. And it's held in a private room too, so you'd have to friend request the room host.

EDIT: PM'ed.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 26th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Hokey Pokey, it's that time of week again - goody goody gum drops!
    To add a taste of french vanilla to the mix, here are the photos from last weeks race. No idea who is who for the most part, so i'll probably make it up. And i've also covered all three official races in a mint flavoured topping an.. uh, i mean covered all three races, while only taking pics from the first lap each time.

Early in the morning of Thursday the 28th of August 2014, at about 8:30pm, we all gathered around the start line at Laguna Seca. Since we all reside in New Zealand, it was a bit of a trek, and some of us took the long way and got rather wet (it was later we found out that we could have used a plane or a boat).

It was only the front runners who had colour cars, as the rest of us couldn't afford it. Funnily enough, the black and white cars were the ones that drove from New Zealand to California.

These two cars are orange and red. Well, ones orange and one is red. The front one being red and not orange, and the back one being orange and not red. Which means that the oran.... oh for crying out loud, just look at the picture!

The camerapersonmanwomanthing was bored while waiting for us to arrive up the hill, so started taking photos of anything. This is a miniature forest. Or a full sized forest if you're a spider. Are you a spider? How many words per minute can you do?

Finally a couple of cars turned up, so he/she/it took a photo of them.

Then he started running after them to grab this photo.

But then she tripped on her undone shoelace and snapped this photo as she landed.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 31st, 2014 at 02:27 AM.

Later in the day, about 10-15 seconds after the last photo was taken, it grabbed a photo of this car. Well, it took the photo first, then it somehow grabbed it with its hand despite it being in a virtual digital camera in a virtual game. Bah, it doesn't matter. No not that it, it it. No, it. The other it. It isn't a laughing matter. IT, isn't not IT. IT! GGGGRRRRR!!!! The other freaking IT! I.T.! Not IT!! BLLLLLAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!! *APLODES*

After a few more hours, the last two cars (probably) finally conquered the corkscrew. Because they were the same colour as the surroundings though, they kept bumping into things. THIS IS WHY COLOUR WAS INVENTED.

Meanwhile elsewhere in the world, two of the other cars (a colour one and a poor uncolour one) got lost and somehow ended up in a cities botanical gardens.

The winner of the race (well, the first lap anyway) was a racer from Renaults Team Lotus in the Gran Turismo Red Bull Junior car. Due to a confusing naming system, and manufacturer double ups, the car was never produced in a road legal version. The situation is still with the justice system in the courts, 17 months later. Although the confusion has played a part in that too. They're using tennis courts...

Volkswagen also laid a claim to the car - which obviously didn't help the situation, and resulted in another law suit. Yeah you got it, they got confused again. The 'lawsuit' is still at the tailors waiting to be adjusted...

After eight weeks, or maybe eight minutes (quite similar, so hard to tell which was longer) all of the racers, and the non racers (?), turned up on the other side of the world again, this time at Silverstone in the United Kingdom of silver stones (just a guess?). But they'd got the wrong track, so ended up driving ALL the way to *censored* where Grand Valley Speedway is located.
    This is what happened at the first corner. Shocking, i know.

Not everybody bothered to clean their car, and the front runners were running quite rich, leaving disgusting smoke in their trail.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 31st, 2014 at 02:28 AM.

After everyone stopped at the temporary pit stop on the first corner (which included a free car wash by the local kids who were fundraising for their school - it wasn't thought through very well by the organiser...) the cars were running much better, looking much better and sounding much better. If you can't hear them, please keep increasing the volume on your speakers until you can.

The leader of the race was incredibly focussed, more so than anyone else. Yes, i know i've used that joke before, but YOU try come up with something sharper. HA! Got you again!

The main motivation for the drivers to continuously drive is the fear that the bull will give them a new head ornament, or hornament if you want to be more accurate.

While one car tried to disguise itself as a mountain on the side of the track, another car carried on into the impending storm

Sadly, the driver of this car had failed to put oil in it and that has resulted in the engine blowing. Instead, he'd put oil all over it. Probably in frustration after failing to find the engine bay.

This car was storming away from the field. But had somehow picked up a light pole which was now attached to the car behind the drivers head.

When cars of the same colour race together, they get an extra 10% boost in speed, and 42 per cent of the race winnings from the winner. If they win instead, they get nothing. It isn't an ideal system, but what can you do!
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 31st, 2014 at 02:31 AM.

A massive chunk of the sales of these prototype cars actually got sold to farmers and the like, to be used to cut their wheat fields, grassy paddocks and such.

These cars were going the right way.

Even after the bored officials quickly fuzzed out the arrows.

All the bulls were attached to cars today, leaving the paddocks empty and bear. I mean beer. Bair? *sigh*

The Red Bull driver gives a friendly nod and a wave to the idiotic cameraman standing on the track.

After yet another trip to the United Kingdom of united kings, the racers once again needed a clean. That shortcut through the siberian tar pit wasn't such a good idea after all.

The grass cutters were still quite bunched up during the first lap.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 31st, 2014 at 02:32 AM.

Back to normality!!! SkylineObsession is sideways! While someone is racing dirty in the background.

The black McLaren and the red Ferrari cars continued the confusing array of manufacturers claiming to 'own' the Gran Turismo Red Bull Junior cars.

The red cars decided to join forces thinking that the combined power would help them take the win. But they didn't know that red cars are only faster when it is a red car, not a red twocarsjoinedtogethertomakeoneredcar.

This car was painted with the same colours as the Silverstone pit complex. Which you'd see if you actually looked at the picture instead of reading this. Aaaannnd yet you're still reading. Still reading. Still... Do you even care about the photo? Well it's not obvious, as you're plainly not looking at the image. I know for a fact you're still reading this.

Can't help yourself can you, you're still reading this text! In doing so you completely missed the picture, it is right above this sentance...

The creepy car stalker was hiding in the shadows in order to snap a photo of the top secret race cars which had already travelled pretty much around the world despite being top secret. But then he got discovered...

By this guy. Who promptly stopped the race, leaving the New Zealanders stranded in the UK. Can they make it back to NZ before next Thursday? Are they going to drive back or fly/ship back? What should i have for lunch today, and how much should i spend? How many eggs can fit into an egg basket? Why are there so many questions and not enough photos?

This hasn't been my best work humour wise, but blame our dying modem and waiting two years for it to load pages, and images it's already loaded only minutes ago. Fibre being installed soon though...
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 31st, 2014 at 02:33 AM.

Had silly comments writers block for the past couple of weeks, hence the late update on this race from a couple weeks back. I consumed a lot of Sellys 'No More Block' to try help, we'll now see if it's done anything... done anything... done anything...

o_O Odd. I'm not a a a a compupupuputer.

Aaaaannnnnyyyyywwwwwhhhhhooooo

When it was announced that one of the races would be at Apricot Hill, everyone headed to Willow Springs. Even though apricots don't grow on willow trees in spring...

Here's a painting i did for maths class 13 years ago. It's uncanny how similar it is to the above photo, which is why i hunted it out and scanned it to show you all.

This Suebaaroo was white in front of the wed one

The chrome purple car decided to spark things up a bit and try a bit of rally racing

A few corners later i tried the same approach. A few others followed suit. We were all a bit confused. Except those that weren't. What?

Finally it became all black and white - we were definitely at the wrong track

Woohoo! Finally the right track! Well, according to the signs anyway, and most of us can read. Either that or you're just imagining me saying all of this.

"Yeah, its Sam here on corner one. Can see the cars taking off now."

"Nah mate, they haven't arrived at my marshall box yet, i'll let you know. Oh, a chicken sandwich if they have any left. Nah thanks, got bottled water today, trying the low sugar approach, haha."

"Oh real? How long did that last, heh. He was only there a week wasn't he? Hahaha, what a champ. Yeah. Yip. Ha, i would've too. Meh, they'll never learn."

"Jeff, they're coming past me now. Got the spike strip ready? HAHAHA! Nah man, probably end up in jail. Or worse, banned from racetracks."

"Yeah, still coming past. Yep, for sure. Sweet as, will catch up after the race."

As the invisible marshal continues waffling on, the cars are heading into the second corner, or deeper into the first corner. Whatever way you want to call it. Huh? The number? For what? Uuuuhhhhh, i didn't mean 'call it' that way dude. Because i sa.... uggghhh, just get away from me man. You're lowering my IQ level. Oh... hang on. *moves around* Oh. You're not someone. You're my reflection in the mirror. Oh dear.

The cars are white in front of the camera now, haha. Oh dammit! I did just use that joke too, you're white. All white then, i'll pack my bag. I'll be white back.

There's no white way to say this, but there are no right coloured cars in this photo. I mean white. No, right, then white. I'm gonna stop now, before i say the white thing. Uhh, right. I mean wrong. Help me Mummy, i'm confused!

Are they apricot trees?

It has been snowing in other parts of the track. Maybe this is where my obsession with white came from.

The bluebaru was following those whi.... snow coloured cars.

And the purple chrome Subaru was so horribly reflective that it permanently damaged the lens of this camera. Which every driver had managed to somehow avoid.

The massively wide track was perfect for the normal sized cars with small drivers who were being microscopically controlled by an infinitely (plus one) gadzillionth of a minuscule sized portion of an atom. I did science in school, so don't try point out falsities in my explanation of the photo which you just read. Of course... when i say 'did' science, i merely mean i attended because i had to. But i'm still better than those guys at NASA (Newbs Are Science Aexperts (who can't even spell)).

Red black and white, like a ladybird with dandruff.

The purple chrome car was again managing to destroy another camera lens. But this time because it was behind my green Impreza, it astonishingly (if you're easily astonisholised) managed to project a green tint from my car to the camera. In reality though, it was probably the clear coat, as my car was no longer shiny. DON'T go looking for previous pics of my car to see if it was shiny, as you'll claim my claim is fake since it was never shiny in the first place. I didn't say that by the way, i just guessed that thats what you'd say.

You looked, didn't you. Meanwhile on the racetrack, THIS happened!

o_O Ooookkkay. I don't really see whats so interesting about that pic either. :/ Except that the red car was in front? Does that mean anything? *shrug*

I mean, here's my green car. It's green. And a car. Whats the big deal? Get over it already. It's not like the next image will be of a elephant in Alaska.

See, no elephant. No Alaska. Just cars. Lots and lots of cars. Five, to be precise, but thats not the point. Compared to nothing, there are lots. Of cars. With no elephants.

As you can see ladies and gentle/rough men, this black car was under attack from the red car which was trying to pass it. Yesterday, we'll show you another photo, so come back then.

Later in the race (not much later...), everyone started mocking the AI in cheap racing games by taking the exact same driving line.