Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: GT6 Photos

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Looking back, these photos are actually kinda crap online. Look WAY better on the PS3.

Junior Potato
    Assuming photobucket doesn't compress the shitting bejesus out of the files, the photos should look exactly the same.

They look alright to me on my phone browser. Maybe you're used to the way your TV displays your games because it's set to be brighter and deeper with boosted colours etc. but you browse the net on a cheap monitor or something.

All of mine are from in-game, no post editing.

Keep up the experimenting, you'll get it
    Once you understand what the different results with the Filters (effects), Shutter speed and Panning (blur), F-Number (non-subject detail) and Exposure (brightness) values do you'll be ready to move on to concentrating on composition (Aspect Ratio, Focal Length (distance to subject), angles and placement of subject) .

The following set of 10 came out of 155 pics... and then I probably take anywhere from 3-5 minutes with each pic, taking multiple shots playing with the values and composition before saving what I like.

New set

Those are some nice shots.
    The one with the Ferrari and Camaro don't fit with the others. Just seem out of place. The closeups are very nice.

I love the B&W Countach front the front.

Huayra is sooo fucking sexy.

I think i'm gonna ditch Photobucket and just use my own webspace for the pics.

And my photos come out a lot brighter i think, so maybe that is my TV decieving me into thinking they are too dark?

And rwa, i'm using a 32" (?) full HD computer monitor for my compy, so its not the monitor. Jegatos pics come out incredible looking.

I do spend a little time trying to get the focus etc the way i want it, and trying to put the car off-centre in certain photos etc and trying to find the right balance of everything else, but obviously i don't spend quite as much time doing it as others do.

Junior Potato
    A little bit of real world photography knowledge goes a long way.

Ironically, GT4 photo mode kinda sorta got me interested in real photography.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    I think i'm gonna ditch Photobucket and just use my own webspace for the pics.
    Depending on what your own webspace is, your photos might load noticeably more slowly than photobucket, or, at least, inconsistently fast, and cause occasional delays when people bring up threads with your photos.

Just realized maybe you mean gtxforums.net album space, which can be done.
    Last edited by SportWagon; May 20th, 2014 at 01:43 PM.