Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: General GT6 thread

Interesting thing today. I've been logging in every day and had my bonus up to 200%. Today it was 170% and I didn't miss a day. Weird.

Maybe it's using a different time zone? Were your logins more than 24 hours apart?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Nearly had a heart attack last night.

Just exited an online room i was hosting for a few hours, and then opened the PSN menu while the game was loading, to see who was online and to accept a friend request of one guy me and my wife kept racing for most of the time. Then the console crashed. When it was saving...

I left it for half an hour or so, hoping it would finish loading, but no. Fully realising that my save will very likely end up corrupted, i turned the console off (had no other choice). Started it up, had to do the initial system check over, then loaded up the game again.
    As soon as it got to the 'wear you seatbelt' etc screen, a message popped up informing me that my save was corrupt and couldn't be loaded. *dies* It asked if i'd like to try again, or not. If i selected or not, it said the data would be lost. So i selected try again. Then it crashed. Then i restarted and had to send an error message to Sony, then the system scan, then start the game up and repeat this process two or more times. EVERY time i selected try again it crashed.

Then i checked my game saves on the HDD. Nothing indicating corruptness. But there were two saves, one which said 'backup' after it.

A plan formed.

I grabbed a USB stick, saved the 'corrupt' save onto the stick, deleted it off the console, fired up the game...

and

I started breathing again. PROMPTLY saved the game, quit out of it, went to the new save, saved it onto the USB stick, then back into the game to play enough so that the backup save would update itself.

I cannot emphasise the importance of backing up your saves/HDD!!

Going to do it a bit more often now, since GT6 crashes the PS3 so much.

Do you cloud save with PSN+?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    The Honda S2000 at Matterhorn can go suck balls, frigging tailhappy VTAK'er. :/ Put all the aero mods on it i could, played with settings etc and still didn't do that good. Meh.
    Be aware that you're on comfort tires for that one. Be nice to it!

I went just under the gold time on my first lap but I spent a bit of time in the grass and bouncing off walls. On lap two I recalled my mental notes of where to not crash (everywhere) and made it past two seconds under the gold time.

Slower cars like the S2000 feel really nice to drive on comfort tires.

The S2000 was fun.
    I didn't realize you could mod, so I got gold and just beat a couple of friends, but well behind a few others.
    They all pulled well away from the start and I thought they must have had a better run at the line.
    Gave it about 2 more goes before it dawned that they must have better power/weight.
    A few mods and I think 2 more laps and I was seconds under gold.
    It's definitely a ride on the edge

That left-hand after the first segment on Matterhorn allllllways catches me out. But now I've got that finished (not the best time but gold!) I won't have to worry.

The seasonal events are goldmines this time around.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I find the tight left at the bottom of the steep hill to be the worst corner, almost always understeer onto the grass.

And don't have PS+ Bubbles, wife does though. Just as easy to save it to a USB stick though, just been lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Interesting thing today. I've been logging in every day and had my bonus up to 200%. Today it was 170% and I didn't miss a day. Weird.
    The day before it dropped to 170% had you actually done a race, or simply logged in for the bonus and nothing else. I was doing the daily login for my son while he was at his mother's and I noticed after a couple of days that it doesn't "stick" unless you actually do a race. Just logging in and clicking "ok" to accept the bonus doesn't count.

Hm, that might have been it. I think I just messed around with some photos that night. I thought when you skip a day entirely, you have to start over from 100%.