Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: General GT6 thread

Junior Potato
    Hmmm, I find the new track to be pretty unremarkable. It's a lot of smooth corners and crests, and not the gnarly ricketty or off-camber bumpiness that I was expecting. See, I thought it was going to be based on real roads. It is a real location, but it looks like someone got a generic track creator and bulldozed a path around the lake.

So every single car I try to enter the Polyphony Digital Cup with is prohibited because of the vehicle tuning rule, but they're not actually tuned. Had to go and buy a new car and go straight to race to . Anyone else seen this?

if you owned the cars before the last big update (1.11 or 1.10), then you would have to use the reset button in the settings menu before you can use them. I had several cars that I had to do that too before I could get in a "tuning prohibited) race.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah we've encountered that sort of thing in online lobbies. Usually going into gearbox and selecting 'reset to defaults' (even though they already are) seems to work.

And i think the new track is great, especially awesome for 'real' driving, and have hosted a few lobbies for doing so (100-110km/h, keep left, don't pass around blind corners etc, can drive both directions, road cars only and so on).

Also don't get me started on the Polyphony Digital cup. They had the formula absolutely PERFECT in Gran Turismo 3(?);
    - NO cheating AI cars (rubberbanding/holding back etc, great way to see how much faster the cars are compared to each other
    - No tuning allowed
    - Every single race lasted 20-30 mins or so (awesome wee mini enduro)

And yadda. I'm so, so gutted they screwed with the formula (especially reducing the laps), as in GT3 they were and probably still are the most fun i've had in the GT series when racing the AI.

I probably like the new track precisely because it's not that technical - I'm not a very good GT driver. But I did finally gold the third challenge, which is awesome since I really loved caning the GTO around the track, and now have one of my own.

I've never tried the lobbies - will have to give that a go. Though this 'driving on the left' thing sounds crazy
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

I like Sierra OK. It's a nice track for taking a fast car out for a cruise...

What I'm really enjoying right now though is the Senna Lotus. It's a super fun car to drive! Much more drivable and less twitchy than any of the other "F1 type" cars I've tried in GT. You can actually chuck it around some and it's got a very lively feel. I've been taking it out on Nurby - something I'd never do with any of the other "jet's on wheels" cars before - and it's a blast...my best so far is a 6:14

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah i love that car too. Mainly cos of the sound, and how it loses traction so easily in a straight line.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Just got the game. Mainly for the editor

Plz gift me a big V8 for testing my creations.

Kthxby.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    So tell me again. why do you get lose all your credits after a race? Is that part of making GT the real robbery simulation?
    acket.

Is it me, or are the physics bullocks? Used to think they were fine (aside from the lack or aero drag and exaggerated drafting) for something designed to be operated by the DS3, but then I try out FM6 and realized that GT6 feels like the cars a 1/18 models; no real weight to them and snappy tires (too much then too little grip with almost nothing in between)
    Supposedly GT7 will based on GT6's physics.
    Do the consoles have anything other then GT and Forza?