Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: General GT6 thread

Project CARS
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    ^ yep, times eleventy.

I pretty much stopped playing GT when Project CARS came out.

But to compare games I think the ultimate test is to set them all up properly with a steering wheel, but sadly that's a very expensive way of doing things.

Gt6 feels good with a wheel. Last time I played it though was 8 months ago.

GT6 is fine until you try something that's both more realistic and more fun

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I haven't played GT in months, pretty much around the time Forza 6 went on sale maybe?

I'm still enjoying driving GT6. I made myself a hillclimb course with a load of hairpins on Course Maker, ~1000ft of elevation, and am playing that using 400-500pp cars, near stock on CS or SH tyres, variable weather. The AI actually give you a good challenge with near-stock cars, so I keep enjoying it in a Beat, Alpine, Fairlady, FD3s, ...

However, I do have the feeling that the end of an era may be approaching; GT6 isn't exactly fresh, and yet PD seem to be focusing on 'Gran Turismo Sport'. I like the idea of trying to bring some fresh air to the franchise, but I suspect that GTS is going to lose the fun of chucking around and tuning up a wide variety of ordinary cars, which is the thing that keeps me playing it over other games that are more realistic but have less content. I'm wondering if they'll ever actually manage to build a full GT7 product.
    Last edited by samoht; February 14th, 2016 at 06:56 AM.

Back when GT6 was released (2013), Kaz said Gt7 would be based on GT6's physics and that it's much easier to develop on the PS4
    So basically we may get GT Sport this year as a prologue and GT7 probably about 2017/8. I wonder if we'll still carry over all those car models from GT2 and GT3 before the first Forza even came out?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Hope so, cos i like GT being an almost encyclopedia of cars. No matter how detailed they are.

And for the ones they leave out, i turn to Forza.

Took me till today to realize that GT6 online had died 11 days ago. Had quit playing daily 18+ months ago but it fun while it lasted.

It's a shame that our homemade tracks with the Track Path Editor are now all gone, with the shut-down. Not that I was really using them, but it's nice to be able to go back.