Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General GT6 thread

I don't think you need to race.
    But you do need to save, which happens if you race.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    OK, a challenge for you guys that know setup in this game - Fix the Audi R8 LMS! All the GT3 cars are fine except this one, absolutely horrible snap oversteer in 2nd and 3rd gear, even when not on the throttle. The only subtle solution I've found so far is to turn the LSD all the way down. Something's got to be wrong with the suspension to be causing this.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Hm, that might have been it. I think I just messed around with some photos that night. I thought when you skip a day entirely, you have to start over from 100%.
    no, when you miss a day the bonus just drops down a step. If you were at 200% and missed a day, you drop down to 170%.

Did the seasonal events (never bothered with GT5 much so this is all new to me) which netted me 5,000,000 odd so treated myself to a LFA and an Aventador! Lovely things they are too. Half tempted by a JGTC SC430 or one of the HSVs.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Had another crack at the S2000 Seasonal last night, but tried it with a different S2000, the '01 Type V, and it seems nicer to drive straight out of the box than the premium 2006 model that almost all of us used.

After a wee bit of modifying and possibly playing with settings, i finally got under 1:50, joining DN. Then i knew i could go quicker, so kept at it until i got a near perfect lap and beat DN's time. Pretty sure thats the best i can do in that challenge, since i'm not generally one to play with settings too much.

Would be lovely for it to have more rear end grip though.

Also had another go at the Lancia at Tsukuba, and after modifying it to keep up with everyone down the straights (!) i tried to dial out understeer by creating oversteer (torque converter thingy set to mainly rwd) and finally managed an ok time. That think understeers worse than a brick though.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; January 10th, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

Just finished the Lancia challenge... onto the S2000 tomorrow. I really wish there were more "we give you the car and you drive it, as is" type challenges. I am not great at setting up a suspension.

I just get in and drive.
    Did power up when I found I was lagging on the straights.
    Fiddling settings can be fun, but as long as the car is ok I find it better just to do a reasonable lap.

Though I do wonder were people find 4 seconds on a lap!
    I should pull up some of the leader replays and have a look.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Last two times i've tried looking at the worlds top time replay for an event the PS3 has crashed. :/

Other times when i've managed it though, they just seem to consistent and smooth, and are clearly much better at the game than i am!

The Alfa test - no idea how you're all so much quicker than me. Gold is eluding me, sadly.

Just started my Super License last night... no other names on the board yet. Are you guys not there yet?