Page 281 of 436 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 4355

Thread: craigslist finds

I like the old fire truck.

Sooooo....

What's the general wErd on the VR6?

https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5973151747.html

Generally reliable, unnecessarily complex (two water pumps, really?), a fair number of fairly expensive components (not atypical of contemporaries, though). Transmissions are pretty good, though IIRC the clutch a little undersized. In a MkIV, you're more likely to be plagued with annoying door locks and window regulators and other doodads. Typical VAG suspension costs. Most stuff is available cheaply in the aftermarket which is nice - bazillions of MkIVs that share the bulk of their bits is nice. Some stuff doesn't wear very nicely - the soft-touch plastics for example, but that stuff shouldn't be a problem on such a low mileage car. On the upside, they're pretty safe and the Jettas came with curling irons and blow dryers. Also, four bills gets you VCDS (nee VAG-COM) which is every bit as good as the factory tool for diagnosis & programming... and you'll want that. Although not an inspiring drive, I think you could do a LOT worse than MkIV. They were probably the best small VWs, maybe tied with the MkIV. Before and after, they were much cheaper cars.

You made me think real hard - MkIV vs. 9-3. Very similar cars long-term. Given a VR6 with a manual and a 9-3 with a manual and ACC, I'm not sure which I'd choose. I think the B20x is the better motor from a reliability and maintenance perspective, but DI cassettes and throttle bodies are kind of a drag. Hmmmm.

I think I've kind of ruled out the NG900/OG9-3 for him. A decent 9-3SS manual would still be a possibility, though. Well, "ruled out" is maybe too strong a phrase... but they're not really included in my searching anymore.

I'm still just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks... no rush. Thanks for your thoughts on the VR6.

We will be selling this very soon, 2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport.
    Deedee.jpg
    Fun, good-looking car, dealer maintained, driven by responsible adults, never abused or modified. 5-speed manual, 173 hp from the factory, ~96,000 miles on the odo.

We were just going to trade it in for the Forester, but we could both benefit from a private sale. We get more money than a trade and you get a good price. Wanna talk?

Edit: Actually, based on the other listings you have been posting, it is probably outside your price range.
    Last edited by Cam; February 4th, 2017 at 05:08 AM.

While I haven't set an actual hard cap, I need to stay within my "cash sale" range. Which is also a bit fluid... under $4000 for sure, $3000 is better, $1500 would be PERFECT.

A non-ricered Subaru would certainly be considered.

Well, the car is certainly worth more than $4000 in a private sale, according to KBB.

Too rich for this purchase, then. Thanks for thinking of me, though.

Back to flinging ideas around:

$2750 https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5982035872.html
    I've texted this guy... the car might be too stripped for what we need it for. No A/C is great for a racecar, not so good for a combo street/HPDE car. But the hardtop and rollbar are worth his asking price alone.

https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5954190245.html

Answer is always Miata