Page 343 of 436 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4356

Thread: craigslist finds

Prices of cars still surprise me.

Somebody was asking locally more money for what I bought and sold my immaculate AW11 supercharged hardtop for, for an NA AW11 with chassis damage, and that needed to go through the recompliance process before it could be again road legal.

So apparently AW11 MR2's have more than doubled in price without my noticing.

The supply for cheap "sporty" cars is starting to dry up a bit, and now with the prevalence of kids taking anything remotely RWD and turning it into a clapped out drift missile, everything is getting pricier.

In the meantime, I'm still looking around for something cheapish that my fiance' can learn manual on... and the state of used miatas is bad, really bad.

SN95 Mustangs are very available and affordable.

Most of the ones around here are either auto, or a GT/Special edition that are way overpriced from "I KNOW WHAT I GOT, NO LOW BALLERS" type sellers.

Bummer. I bought my Cobra for $5k and sold it for $5.2k later that year. There is a nice GT that has been sitting all alone outside of a local business with an asking price of $4.2k. When I was hunting around for them I found good runners in the $2k range. All GTs.

Not saying it is the same where you are. But I also drove 3hrs each way to buy mine.

C4 Corvette can be had for damned cheap.

In addition to the money coming into the market for certain 80s and 90s cars (a fair chunk of which is, IMO, Silicon Valley money), I think Bring a Trailer kind of made its own market for these cars. Moving to mostly an auction site after they’d built up an audience was a stroke of genius, I think. Prices on things like air cooled Porsches and NSXs were already going up, but I think BaT poured a ton of gasoline on that fire. Once they started doing auctions, they had every incentive to push values ever higher.

BaT has pretty much been ruined in my eyes by doing that. Please show me another 944 said nobody.

C4 zr-1 are still cheap on there