Page 288 of 436 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 4356

Thread: craigslist finds

"a kid" = lots of hobby time, but little $$$
    we can't all be born ballerz like you

That'd be my guess.

I suspect he had or had access to a wrecked base model Civic and used it as the donor. There are not many higher-end EGs available in California these days - the selection of wrecks is probably quite small. Plus, like he said in the ad the clip swap is the hard part - future engine swaps just aren't that big of a deal. We did the B18C swap in my friend's CRX in a weekend! Those little Honda motors are so darned cute!

I'd probably have done the same... I mean, what I really wanted was a 2002+ Ranger with a 2.3l and a manual transmission, but what fell in my lap was an '05 Focus with a 2.0l and an automatic. The $1000+ I saved on the Focus vs. a insurance-auctioned Ranger will easily buy the stuff I didn't get.

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    "a kid" = lots of hobby time, but little $$$
    we can't all be born ballerz like you
    C'mon, you think a guy can put that car together but can't piece together a used B16A2 from eBay? Just a quick eBay search reveals all the individually-priced components that you'd need.

Not saying it couldn't be done, but clipping a $500 Civic wreck and then doing some welding is a lot different than clipping a $500 Civic and then buying $2000 worth of B16 & fuel injection on top. A lot of the people that have the mad skillz to do that type of body work don't have an extra $2000 lying around. (I lack both the mad skillz and the $2000!). I can definitely get behind spending $500 on an experiment and seeing if it works before spending the next $2000. I'd be really hesitant to throw $2500 at a project unless I was 100% sure it'd work... the people that do that are (IMHO) the same people that end up with half-built cars sitting in their driveway and eventually post the "Unfinished project, would have been bad ass but lost interest and/or ran out of money, all parts there, you just need to build it!" ad. And, really, the *only* thing lost as this got done is two days of engine-swapping work. Not a big deal. I fully support this approach. The welding is the experiment - fitting any Honda engine ever made onto an EG subframe is *solved*.

(And, selfishly, in 2017 a B-series swap is nutso... ZC is the easy button.)

$2,000 sitting in cash in your favorite sock and a $150 part here, $350 part there over the course of two years are two totally different things.

Ask this baller how he knows.

God damn I want to say something gross about money in your favorite sock.

Like, "the only money in my favorite sock is a money shot" or "Nobody would take my money if I kept it in my favorite sock."

Something like that.

Here's a list of Craigslist cars that will only be of interest to me: V8 slushbox Mustangs!

2003 Mustang GT - $8495

2002 Ford Mustang GT auto 92 k very clean - $7000

2003 Mustang - $6000

2003 FORD MUSTANG GT - $4995

Mine still stacks up favorably price-wise, which is nice. When I was shopping, I consciously and purposefully bought a V8/5-speed with the intentions of taking it to fun-run nights at the "local" drag strip and maybe bracket racing one day. But as Keith astutely points out, I really am a terrible driver!

(So anything that mechanically removes me even further from the contact patches is a good thing. )

Ultimately I'm not selling mine anytime soon, just window-shopping -- but if I did, I'd definitely try out the auto. I've read good things about the J-mod on the 4R70W.

Reading this makes my heart hurt. You should be window shopping T-56's.

I'm not good enough.