Thread: Car Market issues - Inflation and the end of super large expensive vehicles?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Car Market issues - Inflation and the end of super large expensive vehicles?

Interesting video. I've thought for a while that at least in the North American market that the companies are pushing too many large vehicles that are overpriced...because the margins were too good at the time I think.

I think this is just the effects of inflation due to money printing.

It's not just cars, just look at the housing market! It's not really that the house prices are 'rising', it's more like it's because dollars are shrinking. Too bad our wages are not going up as quickly as dollar's shrinking. Manufacturers probably need to spend more dollars to build the same kind of vehicles. Covid also gave dealers the temporary false sense that people are willing to pay big bucks for cars forever...

This is why it's important to own assets like real estate, stocks, gold, bitcoin to help to just 'preserve' your wealth. Granted, there's always a risk that you might lose some money, but if it's really just money sitting in your bank account, chances are, they will be shrinking much faster as the Feds print more and more to cover their expenses...

In the beginning of last century, we had a pandemic, great depression and WW2..., can't help but feeling that we are repeating history again...