Page 292 of 436 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 4355

Thread: craigslist finds

That Saleen has me weak in the knees.

I've seen a few fox body Saleens pop up since I bought the Cobra, I think there was a white one on BaT a little bit ago.

Indeed there was.

I've been enamored with a well setup fox body Saleen after seeing one that is owned by a long time Steel Cities/NHSCC member, George Chabal. When I started competing, 2002ish, his car would take fast time of the day almost every week*. But then the whole HP wars started and the EVOs and STIs were released and it slowly moved down the leaderboard. But up until that point, even though it was 15-16 years old it was an awesome machine to watch.

*The other car that would compete with him was Kent Rafferty's Supra (His Supra is the reason I want a MKIV, nothing to do with F&F)

Kent's Supra

George's Saleen

Two awesome cars. You're killin' me with that Supra autocross pic, Phil. So much want.

Fuck man. Those last two photos are soooooooooo good.

I used to work with a woman whose husband collected Fox body Saleens. They had three of them - one of which was essentially a DD so she brought it to work now and then. Super cool car - but back then they weren't worth shit! Hopefully they kept them and are enjoying the appreciation.

'68 Torino, just because.

One of my aunts in Mexico had a white Brasilia of that vintage decades ago. I remember it stranding us by the side of the road one summer day... worn throttle cable, I believe? No A/C either, which made for no fun times whenever we had to run errands (every day in the summer).

Bricklin prices seem to be rising if that ad is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    One of my aunts in Mexico had a white Brasilia of that vintage decades ago. I remember it stranding us by the side of the road one summer day... worn throttle cable, I believe? No A/C either, which made for no fun times whenever we had to run errands (every day in the summer).
    Likely. Throttle and clutch cables would snap in those older VWs, around the time the cars were teenagers or in their twenties (when I could afford them). I have True Adventure Stories of driving (yes, driving!) my VW Beetle home with a broken throttle cable and the help of a friend and another of driving (yes, driving!) a Beetle to the shop with a broken clutch cable. As a public service, I won't bore you guys with them unless popular demand requires it, but I did learn to carry spare cables along with an ever-increasing variety of tools and other parts and of course the "How To Keep Your Volkswagen Alive For The Compleat Idiot" book in the car for roadside repairs.