Thread: craigslist finds

1962 FORD CONSUL CAPRI - $23,000

1972 Audi 100 LS - $7,000

1978 GMC Jimmy High Sierra 4x4 - $27,000

Plaid seats.

1955 8-Door Limo - $14,900 (Chicago)

1968 Mercedes Benz 250S (W108) - Stunning Condition, 57k Miles! - $15,000

1985 dodge d150 5 spd - $5,800

This must be one of the last steel-fendered stepside pickups. I wonder when they (any of the Big 3) finally stopped making them.

1988 studebaker Avanti - $14,500

1958 GMC Napco Suburban/Cameo - $27,500

Is that a four-speed automatic? Perhaps more modern labels would say N, D, L3, L2, R? And is R the parking gear?

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp
    When it comes to the '73-'77 Cutlass I always liked the looks of the coupes with the much larger rear side windows.
    I finally stumbled upon decent examples of corporate cousins with large and small rear side windows.

1973 factory black Buick Century with 53,125 miles - $21,500

1977 Chevrolet Malibu Classic - $28,500

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Last activity by Mister George was two weeks ago. Everything ok up in the mountains, Buddy?
    acket.

Yes, sir. I am fine. Thanks for asking, Mario. One never knows these days. Just yesterday I found out a guy I've known since high school and who was one of my best friends in college died suddenly a day or two ago. I don't know the cause and it's probably none of my business, but I wish I'd thought to pick up the phone and say hello even once since I last saw him in back east in 2010. I've mentioned a car he once owned in this very thread - the '79 Pontiac Phoenix 4-door with the rear windows that didn't roll down and bubbly purple window tint. The headliner was coming unglued, so my friend kept a stapler in the car to occasionally take up slack as it continued to sag.

Normally I wouldn't know all this about someone else's car, but we had a three-hour drive from the city we lived in to where we went to college and I think he drove more often than I did...probably because he had air conditioning and my '71 VW did not. We'd also go out and do stuff on the weekends - restaurant/bars, sports, the beach, whatever. I can remember sneaking beer into a movie theater with him. Why? I don't know - we were twenty years old. As a middle-aged dullard, those days seem very long ago indeed.

I'm busy with work (and grateful to have a job), hiding out from the world and coronavirus as much as I can, growing a beard, avoiding barbers, and trying to do responsible things instead of goofing off all the time. I surf the Pit Stop daily but haven't had anything to say, I guess. I am weary of politics, the pandemic, and 2020 (eff yeah!).

I'll get to that other thing when I can give it the attention it deserves.

Meanwhile, here's something interesting from my local craigslist:

71 Vega top fuel funny car (cackle car) - $38,500

And more proof that Trump voters aren't very smart...this is a Buick.

1994 Chevrolet Impala station wagon - $13,000

Sideways tailgate!

Last edited by George; December 1st, 2020 at 05:27 PM.

The Roadmaster was the superior wagon, but that champagne/woodgrain is a great combo
    -Formerly Stabulator

Despite my remark about the front license plate, which is odd here in a state that requires front and rear state plates, that is an impressive car.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Hey, glad everything is under cover!

Cool craiglists finds, but what is that lemony beauty inside the Impala's house?
    acket.

Looks like a ~'71 Monte Carlo with a "no step on snek" front plate.
    I like the color, or at least how it looks in that photo. Most of those montys seem to be in dark colors like maroon, forest green, etc.

Also, I forgot that those wagon tailgates will go either sideways or down - I always thought that was a cool feature and don't understand why more wagons didn't have it.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Looks like a ~'71 Monte Carlo with a "no step on snek" front plate.
    I like the color, or at least how it looks in that photo. Most of those montys seem to be in dark colors like maroon, forest green, etc.

Also, I forgot that those wagon tailgates will go either sideways or down - I always thought that was a cool feature and don't understand why more wagons didn't have it.
    I remember those two-way tailgates from my childhood when station wagons were as common as SUVs are today for hauling families around. Opening them sideways lets you stand closer to the cargo area and also makes it easier for kids to climb into the "way-back" third seat where we would then make faces at cars behind us on the highway.

I have a first-generation Honda Ridgeline. The sideways tailgate makes it much easier to reach into the trunk under the cargo bed...or to reach into the basement, as I call it.

Stock photo:

And opened the regular way:

And then there were the "jumbo" station wagons that GM made in the early 1970s with disappearing tailgates. These might just win the Coolest Of 'Em All award...at least until they stopped working, which I bet happened often. Here's a link to a .gif file that I can't seem to post here with [img] or [video] tags.

http://thumbs.gfycat.com/InfamousImm...ose-mobile.mp4

Man, I'd totally forgotten those disappearing ones. My friend's mom had one in the mid eighties - I think it was a Safari.
    -Formerly Stabulator