Page 205 of 435 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 4350

Thread: craigslist finds

Vintage 1965 AMC Rambler Marlin - BEAUTIFUL ! - $13500

Rare Collection of Vintage Automobiles for sale

Here's a small sample from the ad above. You sure don't see these on every street corner!

How about that picnic basket rack? And with a body like that, this might be a good candidate for a jet engine conversion. Someone call Jay Leno!

Earlier when I was humorously ranting about the principle of not being able to register a 1999 Ramcharger even if it met emissions and all the lights worked, it had good tires, etc., I was thinking of something like this as the example of, "then why is this legal?!"

Check it out: wooden body, and that wood is probably old and very dry, so this rig probably weighs next to nothing - which it would anyway, a presumably powerful V8, no windshield wipers, and it has a slippery-looking vinyl bench seat with no visible seat belts. Better wear your protective cup if you'll be driving this one, boys, as a sudden stop could be painful, due to that rack-o-matic steering column!

1922 ford rat rod - $6000

71 Jaguar XKE e type V12 hotrod project (with Plymouth 318 - wha???) - $8500

1975 Ford Mustang II - $1800

All right, hubcap and wheel detectives (such as pl8ster, who has proven his abilities many times), identify these dog dishes!

This is when I miss having an iPad handy to zoom in on the image. More pics in ad, but none much better than these.

I don't claim to know for sure, and I did no research at all, but here's my guess:

Spoiler:
    Mid '60s Ford pickup truck hubcaps...edited to add upon another glance, but still without googling...or 1960s flat-front Econoline van hubcaps.

1969 VW KARMANN GHIA - $8000

Last edited by George; December 4th, 2015 at 02:21 PM.

How weird... I saw not one but *three* Karmann Ghias during 40 minutes on the road this afternoon. Two crossed going opposite ways in an intersection and I was like "WHA!" and then I saw a third about 20 minutes later in a totally different part of town. Must be Ghia day in Sac or something.

That Marlin is as sexy as they get, Karmann as well.
    Again, the fact that I'm old makes me boggle at the prices. In my mind, the nicest Marlin in the world goes for maybe $10k, and that'd be after months of looking for a buyer. Also (in my mind), really super-nice Karmann Ghias start at about $3k.

Basically, I'm wildly out of touch.
    -Formerly Stabulator

LoL, you gotta be a pretty skinny guy to fit under the steering wheel of that blue '61 Impala.

I'm very uncomfortable with that, rich.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Uncomfortable as in a "tight in the pants can't move because of wood" uncomfy or "I just saw a murder commited" uncomfy?

Like....I want to COMMIT a homicide...

OMG...as the younger folks might say.

Speedy, that is the find of a lifetime. You can retire now and wear the King Of Craigslist crown with pride forever more.

I will continue trying to top that post, but it's obvious I will never be able to touch that. [insert MC Harmmer song here]

P.S. - I'd buy that '89 Plymouth Sundance, if I needed a car today. People who say they can't afford a car just aren't trying hard enough.