Page 245 of 436 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 4357

Thread: craigslist finds

Thing is, she conceptually likes the FiST already - it's not the car that's the sale, it's the transmission. If we're gonna get there, I just need to find a car with a manual that she can be comfortable in. The Celica was not it, too peaky and the 6-speed was too much. It could almost be the Fiero, but the lack of power steering and the fact even a FiST dwarfs it creates a sort of overwhelming driving experience - cranking 225s over while finding first and someone in a gigantic Fusion grows impatient is rough, I admit.

Someday soon I'm going to make her drive the XR4Ti. It was laid up when we last tackled this, but it's a fairly easy drive - the Triax is easy to use, the clutch is very light, the steering wonderfully overboosted. The power curve is a little rough, but as long as we keep the revs low she'll never find out about it. The driving position may be a concern, especially for her - the pedal:wheel ratio quite frankly sucks, and it'll be worse for her with relatively long legs and a short torso. I really need to get a 1-2" spacer on the steering wheel!

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Thing is, she conceptually likes the FiST already
    TMI.

(FWIW, Mapper is not the most confident driver ever...and loves driving our Fiesta. )

My search sucks. Nobody seems to comment that their V70, Fit, Mazda3, or A3 is a hatch or wagon. Probably others I've overlooked. Poop.

Also, Volvo Vxx prices are FAR better in SoCal. Seems like lots more of them down there, maybe competition has driven down prices. That's how it was with Saabs back in the '90s!

Edit: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sea...max_price=7000 :lol

Edit 2: Started thinking again about a lyin', cheatin' dieselwagen, so did some checking on the latest news. Seems like VW has acknowledged the early cheater cars will never be fixable to the point they're legal in the US, and possibly not even Europe. They'll probably end up scrapped. The number tossed around is $5,000-$10,000 for a buyback, but due to the insane resale prices on these cars you can't find them for that. I suspect there are going to be some very upset owners - especially those people that don't realize there's a problem and are buying 2009 Sportwagens for $12k right this second.
    Last edited by thesameguy; July 20th, 2016 at 07:54 PM.

Do you find any Fits at that price range that aren't salvage title?
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Do you find any Fits at that price range that aren't salvage title?
    Don't all Fits have salvage titles? I was lead to believe that's automatically assigned after year 3.

I liked the (used) 850R we test drove. Performance was a little underwhelming, but good. Plenty of space, obviously. Mapper didn't love it, so we passed.
    Whoomah!

Performance is a little underwhelming. As much as I like the 850R for what it is, I'd be hard pressed to choose a '95 Volvo wagon over an '05 Volvo wagon. Take the neat factor out and you're left with what's probably a non-choice. I guess if you believe the hype the advantage of the older car is no annoying body control module that won't let you do anything without a scan tool. There's that. I'd probably use a newer Volvo purchase to justify buying a cloned Volvo FCR thingy from China.