Page 4 of 436 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: craigslist finds

I shouldn't but I can't help but think I should buy this. A timesert should fix that spark plug hole nice and quick.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4284595011.html

Edit: Now I'm really interested, as it's apparently right around the corner!

That car has probably been tracked, given the list of mods, if you care. But for $2k? You could probably replace the entire head and still be net-positive (and own an M3).
    Whoomah!

Guy says it has a clean title and 200k on it. Little higher mileage than I'd like, but OTOH if it's in generally good shape I'm not opposed to it. Only question becomes am I better off pulling the head and redoing "stuff" due to the mileage, or doing the cheap timesert fix and see where it leaves me. The kit to do a spark plug timesert costs nearly two bills, the timeserts themselves are only a few bucks. I'm generally not opposed to buying specialty tools to fix a car when there is a high likelihood selling the car will then pay for the tools. Who knows, maybe a spark plug thread repair kit will come in handy again in the future. I think I am going to look at it today.

Edit: reread his response... he says 200k on the car, but 75k on the motor. Not sure what that truly means (head gasket vs. total rebuild, etc.), but it's not a bad thing.
    Last edited by thesameguy; January 13th, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

Also, any chance you're free some evening in the next day or two to look at it with me? You know a lot more about E36s than I do!

Edit: Yep, dude is like 1/2 mile from my house. That's convenient since I could flat tow it home.
    Last edited by thesameguy; January 13th, 2014 at 09:44 AM.

I can make arrangements, if needed.
    Whoomah!

I'll see what his availability is! Thanks!

Yeah, that '67 is very nice... $8k tho', ouch -- not saying it isn't worth it, just... ouch.

I like that Volvo... but wow.. I didn't realize they were worth that much now.

Bastich sold my M3. Definitely an instance of "you snooze you lose." OTOH, maybe it was a basket case and I dodged a bullet. I'll never know. Back to hunting for RVs, W124s, and FWD Volvos.