Page 53 of 435 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: craigslist finds

Yeah, that thing is seriously pushing my buttons. Somewhat obscure, that specific green shade nobody uses anymore, 4 door, 3-on-the-tree, v8, positrac... (I can't even begin to guess how rare that combo is these days)
    God, if I were to get another/different vehicle, I should really be thinking reliable, comfortable mpgs for my commute to Lawrence. Not a '53 year old v8 compact... Ugh. I want it so bad.
    I think I need to talk to the wife tonight
    -Formerly Stabulator

'64 Wagonaire, $3k

'64 Cruiser, $3k

[url=http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4400002479.html]'58 Scotsman(looks like scaled-up Lark(which it is)), $2k

Had a talk with the wife last night, had her nearly convinced that this was a great idea, then showed her the ad and she said "It looks like shit." I said, "What?" and looked at the ad again... They've added a few new pics where it doesn't look nearly as great, which broke the spell.
    I started thinking about where I would get interior parts and body panels, and found the only way that story ends is with my backyard filled with decaying Studebakers that the city will fine me into bankruptcy over.
    So, spell broken, I'm back to being fine now.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Yeah, its a bummer, but in my mind I'd been picturing a beat up though still pretty decent interior. Seeing the picture of the reality and about 5 minutes checking online for parts sources is what made me change my mind.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Yeah, its a bummer, but in my mind I'd been picturing a beat up though still pretty decent interior. Seeing the picture of the reality and about 5 minutes checking online for parts sources is what made me change my mind.
    I completely understand. It's just that sad moment when even a car guy runs scared from a vehicle.

Josh, let me know if you're looking for anything in particular and I'll keep my eyes open on the Denver CL.

Not so much scared, just realised that it would (for my purposes) be nearly unusable without significant investment (in both time and cash)- after which, it would still be (at best) unsuitable.

80 miles a day would be a bit silly if it were in good to great shape- in the condition that thing is in it would be ridiculous and crazy.
    Last edited by JoshInKC; April 16th, 2014 at 09:13 AM.
    -Formerly Stabulator

RV conversion?

1963 dodge 1 ton 4x4 power wagon - no price

Josh, I found your consolation prize since the Lark didn't work out.

1976 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser - $1500

"She runs fantastic and is mechanically in great shape."

Got patina?

1966 VW Bug - $3200

Too bad about the Lark - cosmetics are ZERO fun, especially rare/unobtanium interior bits!