Page 487 of 523 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 5223

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

Can't say that I paid all that much attention. I have not used Strava in a few months. I only looked at the medals if it showed me one in my performance that ride. I primarily used it just to track my ride data; distance, time, average speed. I am not a competitive person, so records thing was not really a thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh yeah, look at that. Segments and how you rank is pretty much the only differentiating thing for Strava, but I think they might be overestimating how important it is to people. I thought it was fun to know, but not worth paying for. I would say I'm going back to Endomondo, but thanks to the fact that I got a Wahoo instead of a Garmin, it's got tight integration specifically with Strava and no integration at all with Endomondo. At the time I didn't think that was a big drawback, but this changes that equation significantly.
    Well, as far as I could tell, all my own detailed rankings, including that "bubble graph" of recent efforts were no longer visible to me. I found it amusing to look at my own worst efforts and see how close I was to them (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Can't say that I paid all that much attention. I have not used Strava in a few months. I only looked at the medals if it showed me one in my performance that ride. I primarily used it just to track my ride data; distance, time, average speed. I am not a competitive person, so records thing was not really a thing for me.
    Same. I just use it to see what my average speed was over a similar run to see if I'm getting better/quicker. I'm too old to worry about beating people I don't know in a thing I'm not paid for

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    George, maybe you could ride over to Denver and give them whatfor?
    Well, it didn't work too well with Photobucket, but I'll give it a try.

*puffs out chest and tries to look tough*

So Strava's continued decent into shit now included not syncing rides to Samsung Health. Not sure if policy, but it's suddenly stopped working at the same time they made a bunch of changes.

Ugh.

What are some alternatives to Strava?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Garmin's and other software tied to exercise gadgets?

A wheel magnet?
    acket.

Administrator
    I like Endomondo a lot. No segments, but I thought they did a better job of letting you track your own workouts while eschewing the competitive aspect.

Pfft, I don't care about the segments. I'll probably just continue using Strava. All I want is to get info about my ride.

Another reason to keep Strava activities private or only visible to friends and to have privacy zones around your destinations:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...bike-ride.html

I remember when I first started using Strava, I rode near some other riders and later could see their names, profiles, and whatever else they chose to share. I turned off whatever setting that was right away.