Page 425 of 521 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 5203

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

Did 15k last night around the Ranch. Happened upon one side road of a concession that had freshly-laid farming gravel. 3-4 inches deep, large stone. That was the hardest workout I've ever done in my life.

Never again.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    A big hug, Brian!

And I don't hug suckas.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    Actually 20km each way is perfect commutating distance.
    Hmmm, if I lived another 7km "down the road" I'd have at least another 100m of climbing on the way home (depending on the exact finish location). I'm cool with where I am now, thanks

20km on the flat though ... if it were uninterrupted I could do it in 40 minutes, which is about the same time it takes me to get 13km home up the hill. I don't think the ride to work would be quite as nice though.

Wow, this poor guy sure had a terrible day on the bike.

(no gory crash photos)

https://www.lavelocita.cc/opinion-pa...-disconnection

Hah, my mate James wrote that. He was one of the ones doing the Indian Pacific Wheel Race
    Last edited by G'day Mate; June 15th, 2017 at 03:47 PM.

LOL Fallimento in italian means Failure!

No Strava, No Party!

Administrator
    Took my first longer unemployment ride yesterday. Only 44 miles, and definitely felt out of shape - haven't really been doing long rides since Michele's surgery, I don't like to go off for 6 hours at a time on the weekends doing something she wishes she could be doing, too.

The bigger issue is that my cleat had loosened up at some point. I didn't realize it, but when I got home, I could easily shift it all around the base of the shoe. Also weird was that when I clipped in a few times, I could actually feel the cleat pressing into the bottom of my foot, which is really unusual with the speedplays. I ended up getting some nasty pain in the outside of that foot when I was riding, still hurts today.

I hope it's not time for new shoes, those things were expensive and I don't really want to spend that kind of money until I have a new job lined up.

Wow.

I rode my bike 4 times last week. Should be going again tonight as well. All of it is after work or on the weekend as I can't ride my bike to work. Way too far at this point and not a safe ride from my house to work.

But, it's a start. I've always enjoyed riding bikes over running or jogging (It's a soft J I believe). Just not my thing but I can ride a bike for miles. I used to do it every day from house to the local BMX track in the summer during my youth. Might not seem far but some of the hills are killers on a single speed Cyclecraft BMX bike. What's cool is with google maps I can show the route.

Lately I have been using the Three Rivers Heritage Trail which is part of the Great Allegheny Passage which goes from Pittsburgh to Cumberland MD and is part of a system of trails that allows riders/hikers to go from Pittsburgh to Washington DC.

I usually park at the Waterfront in Homestead and ride towards Pittsburgh or ride to Duquesne. Looks like both my routes are about 10-12 miles round trip with hills and bridges. I figure as time goes on I'll be able to extend the rides.
    Last edited by Phil_SS; June 19th, 2017 at 12:22 PM.