Page 415 of 521 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 5203

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

Tom, you've been sniffing too much gas from that fancy stove. This the cycling thread.

Administrator
    Hah, I wonder how the hell I managed to do that?

Wow, is this forum dead lately, or what?

Well, Happy Friday everyone. I plan to ride some this weekend. It has been a while.

I also might post one of my bikes for sale on craigslist this weekend. I've got my eye on something else, and I do not need three bikes.

Hey, you guys remember when Blerpa was going to put clip-in pedals on his bike? I heard he's riding like this now.

No way that's legit though.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Hey, you guys remember when Blerpa was going to put clip-in pedals on his bike? I heard he's riding like this now.
    I'd got 3 meters max before crashing!

Administrator
    We're still struggling with Michele's sciatic nerve. We tried to ride a couple of weeks ago but after a mile she had to turn back. That's very much limited my non-commute riding (not that I'm complaining, she's the one suffering with this).

On the plus side, she noticed that she always felt like her back was more rested when she'd fall asleep on the couch vs. in bed, so she started propping her head/upper body up in bed earlier this week. She said that her nerve is bugging her way less and she was able to do 50 minutes on an exercise bike at the gym without pain yesterday. Now, an exercise bike is different than a real one (both in body positioning and the fact that you have to use your back/hips to balance a real bike), but it's still massive progress, so we're hopeful. Won't know anything until the last weekend in May, though.

Well wishes on her recovery.

And even more well wishes.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    And even more well wishes on teh sex.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Random, back in November 2016

I realized this morning that Lou's new-to-him bike that was still in the rafters was probably a 24", which turned out to be true, so here's a comparison of his 24" and my 26". Pretty subtle difference!
    Random, I appreciated you posting that comparison picture back then, and again now. I went back to find it a few days ago, as my kids are almost too tall for their 20"-wheel bikes, and I've been studying craigslist this weekend, trying to find that magic combination of the right size, a decent brand, fair price, and within a reasonable driving distance. 26"-wheel bikes make far more sense to me than 24"s. But will my kids fit on small-framed 26"s?

I had an idea of how to find out. My wife's 700c hybrid has a 16.5" seatpost (the manufacturer conveniently put a sticker there saying so) and I lowered the saddle all the way and asked my kids to try it out this weekend. They were more than willing! It's too large, but not by that much. They could both stop and start it themselves without tipping over or wiping out. My daughter almost looks like she's wearing cycling kit, but it's a sports uniform from Saturday's game that she hadn't changed out of yet.

Also, that's a parked car and this is a very quiet residential street. At a glance, it looks like she's riding in traffic, but she's not.

So now I'm looking at 26-ers. I'm think I'll have as much fun finding and refurbishing these bikes than they will riding them.

Specialized Hardrock. 13" frame. - $75

I think my daughter would like this, especially with some purple grips, etc. She loves purple.

Specialized Hard Rock Sport Ultra Size Small - $125

I'm not obsessed with Specialized, but there are always a lot of them on CL and I figure I can count on decent quality with that brand.

An interesting build I found while searching this morning:

SCHWINN HOMEGROWN mtn/cross bike - $400

My son would like this. I imagine it weighs as much as he does.

Surly Ice Cream Truck Ops Fat Bike - Small - Like New! - $1500