Page 500 of 523 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5226

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

Administrator
    Holy cassette, Batman

Bah, humbug.

As Patrick Henry said, "Give me a triple chainring or give me death!"

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    That discount from the marketting and advertising budget.

That's a lovely looking bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Holy cassette, Batman
    Does it even qualify as a 1X? That's a 2X just with all the gears on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by George on April 8, 2021
    I took the bike to the shop to get a triple installed and a better wheelset that's tubeless-compatible. It's anyone's guess when the parts might arrive...
    July 2: Just got a call from the shop. The bike is ready. The rear hub was what held everything up. I didn't think to ask, but I hope it's a silent one and not one that goes CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK while riding.

I know what I'll be doing this weekend, if I can dodge household chores on the honey-do list and work for my job...

Anyone else riding lately, or have you all gotten fat and out of shape like me?
    Last edited by George; July 2nd, 2021 at 10:08 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    round, like a wheel.
    acket.

Have not been on my bicycles in 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Anyone else riding lately, or have you all gotten fat and out of shape like me?
    As you can see on Strava, I have been out many, but not all, Sundays since early May for my 40km West Montrose Classic!.

Last Sunday while checking one of the segments I happened to create a few years ago, and looking at the results for my recently-changed age category, I noticed an unexpected professor from work who has been tracking his rides for a couple of years. His name is George too.

G'day keeps racking up his commuting miles....

I decided to get a more versatile bike to ride with my girlfriend around the neighborhoods and trails in Fort Worth now that I live here.

Got a Trek Dual Sport 2:

I like it quite a bit, but as usual finding a bike that fits me is hard. I need a high stack height, but a short reach. The XL felt too big, and the L feels like the handlebars are too low. I figured a slightly smaller bike and finding some kind of stem to help me out was a better idea. Disc brakes are nice, especially now that I live somewhere with some actual elevation changes, unlike South FL. I would have paid a little extra for the DS3 with slightly better components, but couldn't find one.

Things I want to do to it: Raise the bars, get some ergonomic grips, better saddle (it acutally didn't come with the one advertised, so maybe I can get the bike shop to replace). The trails here along the Trinity River are really nice, but really hot right now.

But I'm itching to get back on my roadbike once I find some good places to ride here. The roads are terrible around here, and lots of traffic without bikes lines.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)