Page 481 of 523 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 5223

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

Administrator
    Last week I had to take the Madone to work instead of the new e-bike. When I went to leave, rear was flat. Walked to REI and repaired it, then went home.

On Wednesday morning, Michele's rear wheel was flat. Goathead thorn. So she took her racey bike and asked me to finally get around to installing the Schwalbe Marathons, which I did last night.

This morning, now her front tire was flat. I must have pinched the tube when I got lazy and used tire levers to get that last bit of the new tire on the rim. So, did an emergency repair on that this morning. Then I went to grab my e-bike, rear tire is flat. So I put that back and grabbed the Madone and its rear tire was flat.

At least with the Madone I realized a couple of minutes later that it was flat because I'd used CO2 to refill it and that always leaks out faster than normal air. Or at least I hope that's what caused it, because it's sitting here next to me and I really hope will have inflated tires by the time I leave tonight.

I would feel deflated after all that.

So California (or the US?) doesn't have a law which makes it an offence to fail to identify the driver of a vehicle which has been involved in an accident?

Administrator
    It would appear not, or at least if there is a law it isn't particularly effective or well known to law enforcement.

Here's the recent incident where the police say they've identified the owner but he's not cooperating and they're looking for any witnesses who can help identify who was driving: https://abc7.com/owner-of-car-involv...-lapd/5662939/

Administrator
    This should be a chapter in my biography

https://www.outsideonline.com/240499...-bike-mechanic

^ Good stuff, Tom Servo. I was traveling when you posted that and missed it until now.

Here's an interesting short video about bamboo bicycles being built in Uganda:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-af...ainable-luxury

A friend of ours (science colleague of LZ) co-started this: bamboobike.org. However, the site has not been updated since 2011. I do not know if he is even pursuing it anymore. I have not seen him in a while and he's since moved on from Cornell.

SO, bit of an update. Was getting on well with my Kickr Snap and trainerroad but was in utter agony with my 56cm Trek Domane. A proper jig based bike fit and a new purchase, I'm now the owner of a 51cm Cannondale Synapse. Shorter cranks, narrower bars, G8 insoles, loads change but fits me so well. Back on the trainer tomorrow to pick off where I left off.

Road bike with disc brakes feels so wrong

Administrator
    I kinda wish it was easier to find road bikes with rim brakes these days. Everyone raves about disc brakes, and they're great in rainy conditions or whatever, but properly dialed in rim brakes are plenty effective. As it is, I can already put myself over the handlebars if I grab the front brakes hard enough on my Madone, and you technically can't brake any harder than that.