Page 354 of 523 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 5223

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

I don't even prepare, I just have a towel at the other end. I'm an "all-weather" guy though - that's not for everyone.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    If it's cold, you're going to need some cold weather gear or you're going to freeze. Hypothermia is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You can ride in inclement weather.
    Of course you can. I don't think you'll be as happy at the end as if you were in a car for 10-20 minutes during a hail or thunderstorm vs on a bike for an hour or two in the same storm.

My "attitude" is that I'm not that interested in riding bicycles. It's not a problem, it's a personal choice.
    Get that weak shit off my track

And the "adorable" thing wasn't really meant as a dig. I have similar thoughts about personal choices I make where I think if the whole world tried it for a week, everyone would be happier as well. I think those thoughts are adorable, too.

They're things that have worked so well for you, that you wish the entire world could experience what it is you feel because of them. It's great to have something that feels so good. Hell, I tell almost everyone I meet about Meetup.com because of that feeling.

Not cycling is a personal choice and it's perfectly fine. Yet, here you are in the cycling thread, mocking the cyclists by calling us "adorable." Your intent is not relevant. You are choosing not to ride, and you are choosing to troll us.

One happy little Colombian

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    mocking the cyclists by calling us "adorable."
    I am not mocking cyclists. I am saying the idea that the world would be a better place if everyone __________ is adorable, whether I agree with it or not.

I wasn't aware that the thread only allowed for cycling devotees and not just interested onlookers.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    I thought it seemed condescending. Whatever. I'm fine with you offering your opinions.

I encourage novice or occasional casual riders to participate in this thread. We can't all be hardcore like G'day.

It was only a few years ago that I was kinda in that bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I wasn't aware that the thread only allowed for cycling devotees and not just interested onlookers.
    Oh, come on. Where did I say that?

You calling us adorable, in the context you used it, implies that you think it is silly, therefore, it is condescending. Again, your intent is irrelevant.

Several years ago, Tom Servo and George were slightly overweight dudes who drove everywhere. They tried cycling and liked it. Now they both cycle nearly every day. Both have lost a significant amount of weight and laud how much better they feel. Their lives have changed for the better. That's "adorable" to you, I guess? Can you not see that you mock them and the rest of us that cycle every day?

You sure you don't want to give cycling a go?
    Last edited by Cam; May 22nd, 2016 at 11:55 AM.