Page 392 of 523 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 5223

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

So about 8 weeks ago, a taxi driver coming from the opposite direction tried to cut through a gap in traffic and hit me side on. Amazingly, my body was pretty much uninjured, and I flew over the hood. Unfortunately, my face cushioned my landing. I have lost two teeth, will need a bone graft for my upper jaw, implants and root canal. I have had a fractured mid face, so my upper jaw was free floating. I've been signed off work since, and return next week. Speech is tricky, and I'm still on soft food.

Fortunately, I've ridden Zwift a lot. I upgraded to a Tacx Neo and a decent pc and a nice IPS monitor. I had blood lactate threshold testing to set my zones, and am using Training Peaks with Zwift to put together a periodised annual training plan to peak for a 1400km event next year and avoid going in to 4 x 600km events spread through the year fatigued. Training Peaks is nice. Morphine was okay. Zwift is awesome. It has stopped me going nuts. Not quite got my head around commuting at the mo.

I don't know how to do spoiler tags to hide this image. It hurt less than it looks, but it was pretty horrible. I still have bits of shattered jaw protruding through the back of my gums. Bone graft in January when it's all settled down - currently unsafe for implants. Has meant I can't lecture.

14358963_10101903367648140_4195568259090145960_n.jpg

Oh, my. So sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Doc!

To put text or photos or whatever behind a spoiler tag, put [spoiler*] and [/spoiler*] before and after what you want spoiled, without the *s. The asterisks are only there in this post so the text will display correctly.

Administrator
    Holy shit, man. That's awful.

Oh shit Dr! Sorry to hear that. I wish you a swift recovery.

Holy shit

Thanks for dropping by DrMekon. Glad you're in good spirits, and it was encouraging to see your first real-life commute on strava.

I first of all wondered what your Zwift/Watopia was all about. Then chased down some comments and figured it out. I posted a brief allusion to the accident a few weeks ago. With some links including warnings about when not to view them.

link

How free-form is the Zwift riding in London? You look only a little ways north of 54 Fernlea Road, Mitcham, from where my father used to start his rides to Box Hill, (Surrey, I believe). Centuries, I think. On his white Viking. Usually single-fixed, I believe.

In addition to the impending bad weather, various health-related issues of mine (and also my wife) have kept me off Strava for the past few weeks...

Oh, and have/had you heard the sad news about overpowered?
    Last edited by SportWagon; November 20th, 2016 at 12:07 PM.

Take care man. Sorry to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Oh shit Dr! Sorry to hear that. I wish you a Zwift recovery.

I had actually written that, but changed it. I didn't want to make fun of the man's pain!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Glad you didn't get hit in a worse way, Mekon. Hopefully doctors can get you back to your handsome self.

We almost lost Tyler (the scrawny kid from Kansas) in a petrolbike accident a few months ago, but thru science and effort he's almost there.
    acket.