Page 434 of 523 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 5223

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

Administrator
    Bike Snob just had an article about that the other day.

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2017...etting-go.html

Administrator
    I don't think I saw this posted here. This guy is my spirit animal.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...-invaders.html (video autoplays here too, so if you want to read the article, just go through and watch the video there).

Administrator
    A while back my wife sprung for the Eclipse+ Revolights kickstarter. Took nearly two years for them to come to fruition, but eventually they did ship and I got them a month or two ago. Being summer and rarely riding in the dark, I hadn't made it a priority to install them, but with the wife out of town this weekend I thought I'd do some bike maintenance.

Turns out the newer ones only work if you have a multiple of 4 spokes. The Madone has 18 spokes, and it won't fit.

It took them over a year to sort the Bluetooth, but they never sorted out how to deal with not exactly uncommon spoke counts. FFS.

So I finally get out for my first ride in three weeks and decide to cut it short at that. But then I discover what a bunch of slouches the rest of the GTXF Strava club is too (i.e. just like me) as my 43.7km ride came out as the longest for the week.

Surprise of surprises, I was second in climbing too.

Looking over records of my rides I notice that sometime a few weeks ago my rides suddenly start counting for about 50% more elevation; strava must have changed the data base or something.

But then I realize the major usual contributor missing was DrMekon who hasn't recorded anything since July 19. Hopefully this time he's just on vacation/holiday.

Not much in particular kept me from riding in the last three weeks. Just a succession of weekends when rain was promised but didn't happen, or was not promised but did happen. I sure deteriorate with time off a lot worse than I used to. Metrics suggested I was in worse shape for the last ride than for my first ride of the season. Don't know how that happens.

At least by cutting my ride short I got home still with excess energy, and actually got out and mowed the back lawn, immediately after the always-longer-than-expected post-ride procedures. I thought it might have been fun to strava that (as a "run"), but perhaps not, since it's all in my privacy zone.

Slouches?

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This guy is my spirit animal.
    And here's your spirit robot.

"Get out of the bike lane, kid!"

It sucked to be me today https://www.relive.cc/view/1122744305

So you're braving early February weather right now, aren't you?

I couldn't find an Australian version of Flanders and Swann "A Song of the Weather", nor the poem "The Garden Year", by Sara Coleridge. Until recent Google searches, I had not known that the former was a parody of the latter.

Wow, awesome ride G'day! The photos inserted into the relive video are pretty cool, too. I'll have to figure out how to do that.

The videos are uploaded to my Strava activity. Relive must use the time stamp to place them on the map