Page 478 of 523 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5226

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Anybody seen Dave?
    acket.

Dave's not here.

(That is a Cheech and Chong reference, just in case you are not familiar with that skit.)

I saw my chain wrenches/whips underneath my favourite channel-locks and a 15" crescent wrench. I was in a little bit of a hurry, so didn't look at them in detail. But at least I've confirmed where they are.

Dave drops in occasionally. Like to announce he has completed a marathon.

His usual environment prevents him from logging in here, I think.

I re-strung a couple guitars for the first time in ages recently. Over the years, I've purchased and been disappointed with guitar and bass string cutters. I remembering wondering why I wasted the money when my rusty old tin snips did the job well enough.

This weekend I discovered the Cadillac of guitar string cutters in my garage: The Park Tool CN-10 Professional Cable and Housing Cutter

Administrator
    Ooh, that's a good idea.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

@ G.

Haven't rode my bike in months, then I go on a 50km bike ride on Sunday. Astonishingly, I felt good doing it. My quads hurt for a short time after, but I do not feel like I had trouble doing it. I certainly did not set any speed records.

The more I own my road bike, the more I think I need a new, properly fitted bike. My perineum and my feet start to feel numb on rides over about 40km. Alas, I cannot justify the cost right now.

Administrator
    The perineum might just be a saddle issue. As for your feet, do you loosen up your shoes partway into the ride? I find that helpful, as my feet swell a bit over the course of a longer trip.

Stop dissuading me from buying a new bike! Thanks for the tip about loosening the shoes. Although, I never felt like my bike completely fit me. The bike and shoes were on sale and I bought them before I understood that proper fit is important. I got a smokin' good deal on them though. They certainly do not owe me anything. I am unsure about how many km are on the bike now, but when I got rid of my old cyclometer several years ago, it was at least 10,000km.