Page 5 of 523 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lounge of Terrestrial Wheelmen

<-- got a warning for speeding on the UCDavis campus*. 22mph in a 15mph zone. Scortcher!

*central campus is bikes/peds only
    Whoomah!

How'd they catch you? Cops on bikes? Or was the "warning" just a shout from some guy as you blew past?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy shaking his fist while picking up his books and papers after getting bowled over on the sidewalk
    SLOW DOWN!!!

Bike cop caught up to me (fairly impressive, when you think about it) and, between puffs for air, recommended that I slow down a little bit.

Early school-year entertainment at UCD: watching freshmen negotiate the bike circles on campus.
    Whoomah!

Turns out I did have an adjustable wrench in the bottom of my bag.

A precise fitting box wrench of the correct size should work a lot better. Unless the nuts get badly nicked.

So Random caused there to be two crazy cycling maniacs riding through campus?

And so one freshman doesn't realize you should sit on the saddle and not the handlebars?
    Last edited by SportWagon; January 15th, 2014 at 12:50 PM.

Pretty much.

In my defense, and probably why I only got a warning, it was during classes rather than between them (see above video), so the bike paths were relatively empty.
    Whoomah!

Oh, I know, SW. I'm too OCD about my tools to separate the one box wrench I would need from the rest of my set. Besides, I can use the adjustable on any nut.

I think I need to buy new tires for the Suteki anyway. I feel like the ones that are on it are too flimsy for my weight. I can feel the rim hitting the edge of holes and cracks sometimes--bottoming-out, so to speak. I need something more robust.
    Last edited by Cam; January 15th, 2014 at 12:58 PM.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    It got worse about a decade later as cars started really killing a lot of people. There were massive campaigns to ban cars from city streets.

The car companies got wise and started buying politicians and that's when they invented jaywalking laws, thus banning pedestrians from city streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Pretty disappointing, and I'm happy to let him know that there are cyclists who are also guitar players who are a little less likely to spend any money on his stuff.
    Count me as one