Page 424 of 672 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Relaxed Blue Laws are one area where Illinois is better than a lot of other states. AFAIK, it doesn't have any restrictions on hours on a state basis, though most municipalities have time restrictions. Nor are there any restrictions on what private entities (no state run stores here) can sell beer/wine vs liquor so long as they have a liquor license.

In Chicago, hours wise, it's 7 am til 2 am Monday-Friday, 7 am til 3 am Saturdays, and Sunday is 11 am (10 am in restaurants) til 2 am. Late night license extends the closing hours by 2 hours. These hours vary by municipality, but they're generally within an hour of Chicago's time's on either end.

Scottish licensing law says no Alcohol of any sort can be bought between 10am and 10pm from any shop or supermarket, even a big supermarket.

You still can't buy 40's in Florida.

We have a stupid law that restricts alcohol sales to 32 oz or less, or 128 oz or more.

Nothing in between, except Growlers, as of 2015.

When craft breweries started popping up everywhere, they got the law changed to allow them to sell Growlers (64 oz).

But still no 40's.

Made playing Edward Fortyhands easier in High School.

I mean college... yeah

Around here it's 9 to 9 for stuff with packages and up to 4,7%.
    Nuance is that if you grab your can before time you can pay it later.
    Higher % is closing at 8, earlier at weekends and mostly from state owned stores.

Exception, farm shops.
    Up to 13%, 100k litre/year and so on.
    Some stronger samples can be tasted, strictly on site.

Serving is 4am tops, no idea what is the rule.
    Terrace license includes a map where service is allowed, nowadays possibly just "inside the fence."
    Pretty sure a city pub has been without a fence but I bet then chairs are counted, if not something more limiting, and standing between chairs with a beer is a big no no for sure.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

When I walk my dog past a house with a barky dog that I know never gets walked, I wonder if they are pleading with me to bust them out of their prison.

I figure they're telling my dog, "HEY! OTHER DOG! HEY! OTHER DOG! FUCK YOU!"

So twice in the last two weeks, one of my neighbors has parked in front of my driveway.

When I say in front of my driveway, the back tire is literally touching the edge of my concrete kickout for the driveway. This means the back half of the car is in the right third of my driveway, making entrance and exit nearly impossible.

I snapped today and left a message, "block my driveway again and I tow your car."

Normally, I would try to be polite and all, but if I'm on call and dumbass blocks my driveway, I'd be going through the fucker.

Anyone think I'm overreacting?

I have photos.

I have a co worker. That. Won't. Shut. Up. And when he does talk, he stops working. I was at my wit's end at the end of my shift tonight. I just wanted to say to him "Up the shut fuck", but somehow I don't think that would've gone over well when I'm only a month into my new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    So twice in the last two weeks, one of my neighbors has parked in front of my driveway.

When I say in front of my driveway, the back tire is literally touching the edge of my concrete kickout for the driveway. This means the back half of the car is in the right third of my driveway, making entrance and exit nearly impossible.

I snapped today and left a message, "block my driveway again and I tow your car."

Normally, I would try to be polite and all, but if I'm on call and dumbass blocks my driveway, I'd be going through the fucker.

Anyone think I'm overreacting?

I have photos.
    I'd probably have been slightly more polite in the note, but yeah, I would also have left him a note.