Page 613 of 675 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Holy fuck, that much?
    acket.

I always find it strange that the colour red is now associated with, and apparently embraced by, Repulicans. People don't remember the Red Menace, or the workers' flag?

Just a BS post that I thought some of you movie fans might appreciate.

One or two of you may know I do youth sports league photos. And I keep forgetting to show these pics this one kid has done over the last couple of years. His dad makes him do this...kid is like 8yrs old.

WINZ2202.jpg
    WINB6200.jpg
    WINX2308.jpg

Every year I tell him it's not a great talisman...Jobu no help with curve ball...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think I mentioned I was working on this before (maybe?) but I've filed a provisional patent with the USPTO...which means as long as there's no issues with the submission, I'll be officially "patent pending"

Now that's just 1 year of protection and it's not a "full" patent but it should provide enough cover for now while I finish promo materials and approach companies with it. I've checked a lot of existing patents and am pretty sure this hasn't been done yet (also if I was I think I'd see it on the market for now).

This is exciting times, now just have to get the proper promotion material out and make sure everything works, prototype-wise (all of the pieces are there, but determined it was important to patent first)

Physical/drug screen scheduled for one company tomorrow and a ridealong(you ride in the truck to see what the route is like) scheduled for another company tomorrow as well. Got an official "kiss off" letter(aka "we've decided to go with another applicant") yesterday and the person they're going with is a coworker of mine that I told about the job. If it's true I'm not mad at all, if I'm being played(by the coworker, not the formerly perspective employer) then I'll be pissed because I liked the guy. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Holy fuck, that much?
    I assume this is in relation to So Cal population.

Yes. And, you have to remember that a lot the counties around Los Angeles are a conurbation (cities that have expanded and melded into neighboring city) so essentially most of So Cal is an extension of LA county/ city. So if you started counting as far north as Ventura and as far south as North Orange county and start gong east almost all the way to Redlands (it's built up significantly and you can't see an obvious end to one city and a beginning of another) then you're adding a good 3 million or so other people, if not more.
    Then you have to also consider people who commute from places as far north as Bakersfield, as far east as Victorville, etc into the greater LA area for work, then you are possibly adding another 500000 to 1000000 people etc etc etc.

The traffic jams on evenings, leaving greater LA in any direction, are a thing to ... behold. Or avoid. One of the reasons I started motorcycling full time was to take advantage of lane splitting, which saved me up to an hour going home every day, and my commute was only 15 miles.

I once sat in traffic in Santa Clarita (about as far north really as LA county extends) for 2 hours, going to a GTXF lan party (so, waaaaay early 2000s) to the grapevine. For context, Santa Clarita is the city, right next to the grapevine. (The grapevine is the route through the mountains on interstate 5 north of Los Angeles, into the central valley.) From where I got on the 5 at the 5/ 14 interchange to the other side of the grapevine is probably 40 minutes. On a 4 lane wide freeway for most of that. Took 2 hours. 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I think I mentioned I was working on this before (maybe?) but I've filed a provisional patent with the USPTO...which means as long as there's no issues with the submission, I'll be officially "patent pending"
    Neat!

Went on the drive-a-long(more like a work-a-long) today and I am happy to say that I have a new job. It's doing food delivery(this time meat instead of produce) and the biggest learning curve will be getting used to driving a semi again. For some reason I feel reinvigorated and I don't know why.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Excellent!
    acket.

Nice.