Page 466 of 672 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Ash and I both got a summer fever in the last week. It sucks.

Bummer. I hope you feel better soon.

Feeling much better this week. Just at the tail end of my sickness. I expect to have it completely licked in a couple of days. Phlegm is still annoying as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    so some rapper I never heard called XXXatencion or something was shot and killed and it's all over twitter....and i'm now the old guy who wonders how this guy is important if I've never heard of him.
    I heard about this rapper’s death. Never knew of him before, nor did I hear any of his songs. My son, 16, is quite devastated by it. He’s been playing his music in the car quite a bit recently, trying to get me into it too. I don’t have the heart to tell him that I simply don’t care. I tried listening to the song “Sad!”, and it’s alright at best. Might check out a couple of more songs, but I’m unenthusiastic about it, to be honest.

I’m sure he was a talented artist and everything, but it’s just not my cup of tea. Somehow I doubt that the music of a 20-year-old, who had next to no real life experience and probably no hair on his balls either, would relate well with a forty something like me. But you never know.

My son rationalizes his sadness as what I would’ve experienced back when Biggie, Tupac and Kurt Cobain died. And well, he may have a point there.
    Last edited by sandydandy; July 3rd, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

I never heard of XXXTentacion until he died. I could not figure out why it was newsworthy. I looked him up on Wikipedia. It appears he was a career criminal. The next day, I saw a comment on an art-related YT video, "rip xxxtentacion." Seriously? The video had nothing to do with music, rap, XXXTentacion, nor did it have any rap or hip-hop music in it.

Then again, I do not understand the allure of, or interest in, celebrities. :shrug:

So, the fireworks display that was due to happen, has been delayed, because there has been a whale cruising around and popping wheelies in the harbour (to be clear, the harbour is a massive area, not just a wee splash of water) for the last few days.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    How could a petrolhead not love FM's "The chain"'s bassline?
    acket.

It's the only song of theirs I like.

What does the bassline have to do with petrolheads? I like the song (did it at karaoke last night), but I don't see the connection.

I think it;s because the BBC used it for F1 coverage?