Page 465 of 672 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Sorry but '97 is a year that is just now figuring its shit out.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Cooking Gas in Mexico is bought via refillable cylinders that are delivered to your home by a truck.

We ran out of gas. I haven't taken a shower since yesterday morning. It's almost 3pm local time. We're still waiting for our cylinder.
    acket.

Wait, your water heater is gas-powered?

That's not too unusual, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    That's not too unusual, is it?
    No. Our boiler is a condensing one with 'on demand' hot water and central heating. We have mains gas though. We do have a Hot Water Tank with electric immersion heater but we never use it. Our Shower is an electric one that heats the water itself rather than using already heated water though.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Wait, your water heater is gas-powered?
    Yup, Liquified Propane petroleum gas. That's par for the course down here.

Will go Solar As Soon As Budget Allows.
    acket.

It is not unexpected. I was just clarifying, as Mario said, “Cooking gas...”

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so some rapper I never heard called XXXatencion or something was shot and killed and it's all over twitter....and i'm now the old guy who wonders how this guy is important if I've never heard of him.

I havent heard of him - but then again Id never seen anything by Anthony Bourdain. Id seen the name, but couldnt tell you a thing about him prior to his death.
    Ah fame.

Oh man I had a rough day yesterday. Actually this whole week has been a rough one.

I came down with a 'summer cold' on Monday, and have been dragging my feet at work all week. Tuesday was bad, like really bad. I could barely move. Had aches and pains and a fever with chills which lasted into the evening. I was consulting Dr. Google and thought I had the symptoms of pneumonia, but by Wednesday things started looking better. Then yesterday I had a scare. I did diarrhea in the morning, which I dismissed as an annoyance due to the amount of Tylenol I was taking. Then through the morning I felt strange at work. I drank my morning coffee, and was slowly sipping on a water bottle. Then suddenly I felt like a thump in the middle of my chest. It would happen every 20-30 seconds. Wasn't overly painful, but enough to get my attention that something was not right.

Some of you know I work in powder coating, which is just brutal in the summertime because of the extreme heat. Yesterday was a very hot day, and after this weird thumping thing started I realized that maybe I was getting dehydrated, because I noticed it would get less intense after I took a few sips of water. The heat, combined with being sick already, plus the diarrhea...it was definitely a formula for something bad. Checked online for confirmatory evidence, and yup. I think I was having heart palpitations because it was being overworked, as my body was getting low on electrolytes. I guess the next step would've been a heat stroke.

So I started drinking water like a madman. Went to the gas station to get a couple of bottles of Gatorade and practically inhaled the first one. The second one I sipped slowly through the course of the day. Had lunch with water as my drink instead of Coke. By mid-day my fluids appeared to stabilize, as I didn't experience any more thumping. But man it was scary.

Today is still hot as fuck, but I'm keeping myself hydrated as I go. Water and Gatorade. I have a blazing headache but am avoiding Tylenol. Don't need another bout with diarrhea. I'll just wait for the virus or whatever to run its course. I do feel much better, just dealing with a stuffy nose and phlegm and all that bullshit.