Page 538 of 543 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 5421

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

My boss is deathly afraid of any form of rodent, from a mouse to a rat to a ferret to a mink to a damn river otter. But has no problem with dogs.

I squeal like a woman when I see a rodent. We had a mice infestation in the garage a little while back and it was my duty to dispose of their nasty little carcasses. I fought tooth and nail with the family about it, but lost. They’re so gross. Hamsters are the only rodents that aren’t gross. I love them.

I generally hate insects, except spiders. They’re cool. It’s good to have spiders in the house. They’re natural predators and work to cleanse other undesirable insects from infesting.

if you want a fun insect, there's always the Weta in NZ. I mean, it's not going to actually do you any harm, but it has high intimidation value.

TXMRCXQSJBHKBPJMSYXHZPZP3M.jpg

Ive had a few spider interactions the last couple of days. I keep uncovering huntsman nests. They are harmless, but damn big and the nest will have big mumma and hundreds of smaller ones. Ive lifted some bark on a tree stump and bamm... hundreds of spider going everywhere, some of them going up my hand.
    Im pretty good but it still gives me a scare-jump.

How are people with bats?
    We have micro bats, small enough that they could pass for a large moth.
    Had a few in the house where they cant find a way out.

Ask me about my bottom br
    Could ekranoplans traverse oceans?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Could ekranoplans traverse oceans?
    As I understand it, the practical difficulties they face are bad weather and large waves.

There are similar issues with flying wings. They may be theoretically more efficient, but are not entirely suitable for carrying passengers (consider whether passengers would be able to tolerate being placed in the wing during manoeuvres).

Ask me about my bottom br
    Yes, that was my worry. That the air pressure differentials generated by movement from the sea would disrupt its... you know... "ground" effects.
    acket.

Yes. And by similar issues, what I mean is issues of practicality, even if the theory is sound. I am not suggesting that flying wings have lack of "ground effect" issues!

Then there is the matter of if they can actually carry a coconut.