Page 551 of 675 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 6747

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

For me it’s part fun, part duty. These assholes make Indians look bad all over the world, and I hate it.

Don’t be such a racist against your own kind like me!

I’ll be lucky if I don’t make Chinese people look bad!

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    George, I have no idea who Mr. Gekko is...
    As Mr. Pimp mentioned, it's from the movie Wall Street. That movie is probably quite dated now because it was sort of a "style" piece in its day, but check it out if you get a chance. I haven't seen it in many years, but I remember it being a good and important movie.

I should have been born in the 50s/60s, not the 80s.
    Nah, then you'd be twenty or thirty years closer to death. Enjoy your youth before you get old and cranky.

Or, in your case, just old.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    George you’re talking about legit telemarking calls. I generally don’t have a problem with those.
    I do.

On telemarketing calls:

I very very very very much enjoy being able to screen calls on my Pixel. The Google Assistant picks up the phone, and the entire thing is transcribed to me on the screen. So I can find out what it is/who is calling without actually speaking to anyone, then block the number

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You and I have a different idea of what is fun.

I only have a cell phone. Don't recognize the number? I don't answer. If it is important, they will leave a message.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    On telemarketing calls:

I very very very very much enjoy being able to screen calls on my Pixel. The Google Assistant picks up the phone, and the entire thing is transcribed to me on the screen. So I can find out what it is/who is calling without actually speaking to anyone, then block the number
    Same here. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by George
    "We're experiencing extremely high call volume." Bullsh!t. You're deliberately understaffed, like every company these days, and only interested in taking orders. People with questions that aren't related to new purchases can wait forever to speak to some anonymous, apathetic, and unaccountable drone who doesn't know anything except how to put people back on hold at the beginning of the phone queue so they can start over with someone else, if they're willing to wait long enough for another opportunity. .
    I know lots of people here have big problems. This isn't a big problem, but I'm on the phone with my cell phone provider to find out why I've only had one bar of signal for the last two days and can't make calls. I also have to be connected to wifi to receive texts. They're saying my hold time will be FORTY-FIVE MINUTES. This is absolutely unacceptable.

With so many people out of work, why can't they put more butts in chairs? Telephone customer service is the perfect job to do from home. They won't spend the money to hire more employees, that's why.

I know companies have always been about the bottom line. They have to be. But, like politicians these days on both sides of the aisle, they don't even try to conceal their shitty actions or lack thereof anymore. They at least used to act like they gave a damn, look astonished at congressional hearings that their products were killing people, vigorously deny dumping those chemicals in the river, and so forth.

Now, it's like "yeah, so whaddya gonna doabouddit?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You and I have a different idea of what is fun.

I only have a cell phone. Don't recognize the number? I don't answer. If it is important, they will leave a message.
    Im normally that - but recently had to see a doctor and got referred to some other services, so I broke my rule and answered some calls. Most were for arranging appointments and much easier to do this on a single call than call them back. But I did actually get hit by a "have you reviewed your energy provider", that got a no and a quick hangup, followed by a block that number.

If it turns out to be important I usually add them to my contacts so I can recognise them later. However this can be tricky for bigger places that run multiple outgoing lines - the red cross uses a range of numbers. Would be nice if you could set a number range for incoming id.

Sanded my finger pretty good today on the disk sander. It only touched for an instant, but it was enough to sand right through my fingernail. Ouchie.

Yikes!

What's the glove situation for that kind of work? More dangerous because they're loose?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ouch! No pics please...

And please remember to wear gloves!