Page 425 of 672 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 6712

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

It's funny how you can go from drinking every weekend to nothing at all for three years to drinking every holiday weekend to drinking every weekend to drinking every day off. Not to the point of ruination but to the point of being able to feel something because you can't feel anything. Work, while not bad, is becoming a shit show. I heard that one driver was leaving and it made me take pause, then I heard another might be leaving and it really made me go 'WTF?". Put in for a position with another company that would mean driving a semi for the first time in almost twenty years. The owners/bosses at my current employer are in their 60s/70s. Granted their grandfather(the starter of the company) lived to 114 yrs old(he passed away four years ago), I am nearing 50 yrs old(kiss my fucking ass) and I do not see a good ending to where I am currently at.
    I have been a part of this community and its various guises since Apr '00.
    I don't quit a job without having something else lined up, but if I do have something lined up, you'll be lucky if you get a day's notice, let alone two weeks.

That sounds super-onerous, Rich. Hope it all works out!!

/me Googles onerous.

Only slightly burdensome. I don't know if it's a "midlife crisis" or what, but I've been finding myself becoming bored very easily. You can only play so many video games.

Darkness -> stargazing

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Only slightly burdensome. I don't know if it's a "midlife crisis" or what, but I've been finding myself becoming bored very easily.
    Maybe instead of Consuming you should start Creating?

Write some books, you've got both a rich (heh) live experience and a good voice in print that reads well.

I think John Mellencamp said it pretty well, but it took me a long time to understand what he was talking about.

Life goes on
    long after the thrill
    of living is gone

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-sa/857914001/

You get high blood pressure! and YOU get high blood pressure, everyone gets high blood pressure!!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Former IGN staffer accuses another former IGN staffer of harassment/misconduct...IGN has a meeting about it and employees walk out

https://kotaku.com/ign-employees-wal...-ha-1820409833

So far, this case seems to be very tame compared to most of them out there...unless there's more details we just don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-sa/857914001/

You get high blood pressure! and YOU get high blood pressure, everyone gets high blood pressure!!

I imagine that's the same happy dance that high blood pressure drug company executives are doing now.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Was it always obvious that Dolores O'Riordan would age to become someone's annoying mom?
    acket.